Band Notes: Week 38
April 29- May 3
A Note From Your Directors
WOWZA! This is probably the most event packed week of the school year this far and we do not want you left out. Please read to the bottom of this smore to get all the details. Highlights include; BPA nomination interest, 2 required performances for HB and SB, 6 Flags money and gift basket donations due on Friday!
Something to note; we do know there are 3 events occurring on April 30th but the schedules involved were and unavoidable conflict.
As always, if you have any additional questions then please reach out to your director.
-Mr. Wood, Ms. Hoffman, & Mr. Seymour
Band Parent Association: Exec Board Nomination
Our 501(c)3 non-profit boosters provide the majority of funding for the Staley Band events throughout the year. This group needs parents to volunteer in one of two roles:
- Executive Board: These positions includes President, Vice-President, Secretary, and Treasurer. These positions are voted in by the general membership at our final meeting of the year.
- Officers & Committees: These positions are appointed by the executive board and include Hospitality, Concessions, Special Events, Corporate Sponsorship, and other positions as needed.
**Please click HERE to access the interest form**
This is the LAST WEEK to let us know if you are interested in the Exec Board
1st Annual Fine Arts Palooza!
What: Collaborative Fine Arts Performance! This event includes students from Band, Choir, Orchestra, Theatre and Art!!When: Tuesday, April 30th
Where: Staley Cafeteria
Who: Volunteers from Symphonic and Honor Bands
*Attire for performers: Concert Black with Disney accessories
Come out and support the students of Staley Fine Arts at our first ever Fine Arts Palooza. This Disney themed concert is a laid back, "coffee house" style concert with snacks and a show!
Admission: $10 Adults; $5 Students
Silent Auction Baskets
We are asking the students to bring 1 item towards their band basket. If students are wanting to bring a gift card then we are asking for only a $5 gift card. If you do not want to bring an item donation then a cash donation is also accepted and we will buy something towards the basket based on the final needs.
- Beginning Band/Concert Band: SUGAR RUSH! (single candy bar, snack size candy, items with candy on it,)
- Honor Band: MOVIES (popcorn, movie candy, DVD ($5 dollar bin at Walmart), Movie giftcard)
- Symphoinic Band: FAST FOOD (gift cards to favorite fast food locations, items with fast food logos on it)
All Items are due to the band hall by Friday 5/3/19
MHS Percussion Concert
Tuesday, April 30th, 7pm
12300 Frisco Street
FHS Movement Camp
Tuesday, April 30th, 5:15-7:30pm
6401 Parkwood Boulevard
6 Flags (SB and HB Only)
This trip is only for Symphonic and Honor Bands and will occur on Saturday, May 18th.
Tickets are $40 each and all money and forms are due this Friday, May 3rd.
Staley's Family Fun Night
**This is a required performance**
Who: Honor Band and Symphonic Band
What: Performing on SMS Stage for Multicultural Night
When: Thursday, 5/2 : Call Time is 5pm!
Attire: NO band uniform required for this event. Students may wear what they wore to school.
Special Olympics Concession Volunteers, DATE CHANGE: MAY 7
The Staley Band is performing at the official FISD Special Olympics track and field events and we need YOUR help!
Volunteers: We are running concessions and need help manning the stand. All money made at the concession is being donated back to Special Olympics and it would be amazing to be able to give back in a BIG way. Please click HERE to sign up to volunteer.
Lunch: All students have been given a lunch order form that must be returned by Tuesday, 4/23. This is to help us plan the amount of food to make at concessions. This form can be found HERE.
Posters: We are asking for help making posters to line the field with just like Friday night football games. Students are encouraged to make a poster and bring it by May 6th. Any parents willing to help hang posters should meet at the band hall 8am on Tuesday May 7th.
Spring Band Auditions
When: May 8th, 9th, & 10th (During class)
Who: All 6th/7th grade band students
- Audition Help Sessions: Mr. Wood and Ms. Hoffman will be offering 3 help sessions per week and will occur on:
- Tuesdays (3:45-4:15), Wednesdays (7:45-8:15), and Thursdays during advisory.
All details regarding the audition, including additional copies of the music can be access by clicking HERE. Results will be posted Saturday, May 11th on the website.
All students in 6th/7th grade will prepare the audition music and scales. 8th graders will receive their high school audition music this week.
Remind 101 & Social Media
Make sure you are "in the loop" with our fastest way of communication!
Beginning Band: @staleybb
Concert Band: @staleycb
Honor Band: @staleyhb
Symphonic Band: @staleysb
Text to the number 81010
- April 29: No SCHOOl
- April 30: MHS Percussion Concert
- April 30: FHS Movement Camp
- April 30: Staley Fine Arts Palooza
- April 30: Audition Help - 3:45pm-4:15pm
- May 1: Exec Board Nominations Due
- May 1: Audition Help - 7:45am-8:15am
- May 2: Audition Help - Advisory
- May 2: Staley MS Carnival *Required for HB/SB*
- May 2: Mooyah Spirit Night
- May 7: Spring Concert At Frisco High School *Required for All Band Students*
- May 8/9/10: Spring Band Auditions
- May 11: Band Results Posted
- May 16: FHS Concert
- May 21: Band Pep Rally
- May 22: School - Owned Instrument Check In
- May 23: MHS Concert