Barbara R. Morgan Elementary School
February 2019 Family Newsletter
- Feb. 4: Monday Morning Meeting @ 8:15 on "Awesomeness"
- Feb. 8: 100th Day of School
- Feb. 11: Monday Morning Meeting @ 8:15 on "Love"
- Feb. 13: 3rd Grade Field Trip
- Feb. 14: 5th Grade Ski Day
- Feb. 14: Valentine's Day Parties (see classroom newsletters for details)
- Feb. 15: 'Ranchers Feeding Youth' program ~ it's a great day for your child(ren) to buy hot lunch (or join us if you call in ahead for a lunch count) as it includes a delicious grilled hamburger by our local ranchers!
- Feb. 18: NO SCHOOL (Presidents Day)
- Feb. 25: Monday Morning Meeting @ 8:15-9:15 "Idaho Shakespeare - The Magician's Nephew"
- Feb. 27: NAEP test for selected 4th graders
- Feb. 27: 3rd Grade Field Trip
- Feb. 28: Family Night ~ Come for a STEM & Dr. Seuss event 6:30-8:00
- March 1: Read Across America/Dr. Seuss Day (WEAR a shirt with WORDS on it)
Dear Parent(s), Guardian(s), & Students,
As we prepare for the month of February and the 2nd semester of school, here are some reminders about BRMES:
- SCHOOL HOURS: 8:05-3:00
- OFFICE HOURS: 7:45-3:45
- DOORS OPEN: 7:45
- DROP OFF/PICK UP: Use the front one way loop, pull forward to the first crosswalk, and load/unload on curb side only.
- CROSSWALKS: Please use crosswalks on either side of the front doors and wait until it is safe to cross.
- BUS LANE: Please yield to buses arriving/leaving. No pick up or drop off in the bus lanes
Thank you for your continued support and trust in providing a safe and positive learning environment for your child(ren). We sure love our students!
NEW! Dr. Seuss STEM Family Night ~ Mark your Calendars!
Thursday, February 28th
*Book/Puzzle Swap (Save up any books or puzzles you're ready to trade out)
*Many STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math) activities to do as a family
*Fill up your passport/get a prize
*Wear your pajamas
MORE DETAILS TO COME HOME LATER!
2019 Camp Invention Information
Camp Invention® is coming to BRMES June 17-21 from 9:00-3:30!
In partnership with the National Inventors Hall of Fame® (NIHF), Barbara R. Morgan Elementary School is pleased to offer the nationally acclaimed Camp Invention® program to children entering kindergarten through sixth grade. It’s an exciting, weeklong summer adventure with lessons that explore connections between science, technology, engineering and innovation. Children work together to create solutions to real-world problems and build critical 21st-century skills while rotating through several high-energy, hands-on SUPERCHARGED! modules.
Here are how young innovators will be spending their time:
- Exploring the electrifying relationship between frequency, circuitry, motors and gears through reverse-engineering and rebuilding their very own remote-controlled robot.
- Unearthing hidden fossils then building ships and innovative equipment to embark on a research expedition to uncover more exciting information about their discovery.
- Coding and programming robot, Bot-ANN-E, to take on duties and help turn a polluted wasteland into a fruitful farm and successful business.
- Collaborating with the Innovation Force®, a team of NIHF Inventors turned action-packed superheroes, to design superhero gadgets and disguises, explore the fields of engineering and fabrication and take on the sinister villain, the Plagiarizer.
Activities give participants the opportunity to explore, discover and achieve while having fun!
Our very own educators facilitate program modules and enthusiastic high-school students serve as Leadership Interns, ensuring that one staff member is in place for every eight children.
Register using the information above. Every registration includes a complimentary Camp Invention t-shirt. Availability is limited, so secure your child’s spot today!
School Closure/Delay Reminders
In the event of a Snow Day, you will be notified by phone and email through our automated calling system. The district will try to make a decision no later than 6:30 AM to either:
- CANCEL school for the day (for all students)
- Implement “2 HOUR DELAY” (Buses pick up 2 hours later than normal and the school day would run from 10:05-3:00.)
Roaring Readers (due by March 21, 2019)
Need more PALs
If you love to chat and play with kids and can give up maybe 1 hour per month; consider signing up as a Playground Activity Leader (PAL). Shifts are from 11:15-12:15 or 12:00-1:00, one day/week/month (or whatever you can do). Use this online link to submit your information electronically OR print the information from our website and bring in the registration form. Our kids need PALs!
Join us for Board Elections
2019-20 Board Elections will be held April 4th @ 8:15 AM
Nominations include Beckie Wayne (President) and Chelsey Lazenby (Vice President)
Any additional nominees can be emailed to: email@example.com by April 3, 2019.
Upcoming PTA Events:
- April 4 @ 8:15: 4th Quarter PTA Meeting
- May 6-10: Staff Appreciation Week
- May 15: Bike to School Day (new date) @ 7:45 from Post Office
- June 5: Color Run & Field Day (AM: Grades 3-5 / PM: Grades K-2)
Keep the Box Tops coming
Fill up a collection sheet or send them in a baggie and return them to their classroom containers by the end of February to be entered in the challenge!
My School Bucks
Sign up for this free program to tracks your child's cafeteria activity and set up notifications of your balance.
See what's on the menu!
All families are encouraged to apply. No tax statements are required. It is fast and easy and could help our school get continued resources/grant funds.