Sunday, May 30
End of Year Grading Plan and Schedule
As we approach the end of Trimester Three, here are important pieces of information for our students/families:
For Current Seniors
- Grades in Schoology are accurate and cannot be lower than what is posted on June 1st at 3:30 pm.
- T3 instruction is done on Thursday, June 3rd.
- Friday, June 4th is graduation practice, 9 am in the AVHS Gymnasium.
- Graduation is Saturday, June 5th at Rosemount High School, 2 pm (graduates arrive by 1:30 pm).
**Seniors who need to still complete work can come into school during the week of June 7-11 to wrap up work
For Current Juniors/Sophomores/Freshmen
- T3 formal instruction is done on Tuesday, 6/8/21. Thursday, 6/10/21 and Friday, 6/11/21 are to be used for intervention and/or enrichment. **These are school days for all students!
- Schoology grades are accurate and the final grade will not be lower than what is shown in Schoology by 3:30 pm on Wednesday, 6/9/21.
- The last chance to turn in work and improve a letter grade is 3:30 pm, Friday, 6/11/21 (ex…get that C+ to a B-).
- Requests to change the current grade to a P by 3:30 pm on Friday, 6/11/21 (ex…I’ve decided to take a “P” instead of the B-). This request should be made by parent/guardian directly to the teacher.
- Last chance to turn in work to move from an NC to a P is 3:30 pm on Friday, 6/11/21.
For more information, please see the Student Services Smore Newsletter.
Graduation and Senior Awards
The Senior Awards Ceremony recognizing scholarship and award winners from the Class of 2021 is now available online. Click the button below for a link to the presentation.
This link will take you to Dakota County's website to sign-up for the DCPH vaccine clinic at AVHS on June 21.
Registration for Summer Camps
Develop Your Sports Skills with our High School Coaches!
We’re collaborating with high school coaches to host a variety of quality, exciting sports camp opportunities for athletes in Kindergarten – 12th grade. Head coaches and assistants have planned and prepared camp activities that will promote skill improvement and good sportsmanship, all while having fun! Participants should register for camps based on their grade for the 2021-22 school year. Hurry, register now! Sports camps are filling fast!
Students continuing their education in District 196 will be allowed to keep their district-owned iPads and hotspots over the summer of 2021. This allows learning opportunities to continue throughout the summer. You can also put it in a safe space until school resumes. Additionally, to help your child reconnect to district resources when school resumes, we encourage you to store usernames and passwords in a safe location.
Other school resources like textbooks, calculators and library items will need to be returned before the end of the school year.
- Current, in-person students can return materials for their current tri 3 courses to their classroom teacher. Turn in schedules are created by individual teachers.
- Overdue materials can be returned to the Library Media Center (LMC). Please place materials in the return bin across from the circulation desk.
- Distance learning students can bring any materials directly to the LMC or, if more comfortable, drop them in the return bin in the school’s front vestibule.
Our 2021 Graduates will have multiple opportunities to turn in the iPad and other school-owned resources as we approach graduation:
- After turning in the final coursework and classes are complete, open the iPad and select the “Reset iPad” app to erase the device completely and get it ready for the students who will use it next year.
- Anytime during the school day our students can return items to the Media Center, or left with our front door security team if a Distance Learner.
- June 1st, 2nd and 3rd during their Lunch Period (5th hour, 10:50 – 12:20). Stations in the cafeteria will be set up for collection.
- June 4th, before or after graduation practice. A station will be set up immediately outside the practice area.
- The following times are after the ceremony, and will cause a hold on their diploma until returned:
- June 7th, 8th and 9th in the Library Media Center. Hand the device directly to staff to be checked in immediately.
- June 10th and 11th to the Main Office when retrieving your diploma.
- Any time after June 11th an appointment will need to be made with the office to drop off. Call (952) 431-8200 and press “6”
Unenrolling from the district over the summer? Return the iPad and other school resources to your child’s school or nearest District 196 school. If you have children in multiple schools, all school resources can be returned to a single school. If you are out of the region and need to mail the iPad and other school resources back to the district, please send to the following address via any shipping carrier:
Independent School District 196
Attn: Jennifer Lyddy
3455 153rd Street West
Rosemount, MN 55068
CREDIT RECOVERY- There is still time to sign up for credits that have been missed.
Math and Science courses will be offered June 21-24, June 28-July 1 from 8:00-12:00pm.
Busing is provided for those in the attendance area. Lunches are also available.
English and Social Studies courses will be offered July 6-8, July 12-15 from 8:00-12:00pm. Busing is provided for those in the attendance area. Lunches are also available.
Sign up here using the links found on the AVHS Credit Recovery web page.
COVID-19 Notification and Updated Quarantine Guidance
If you or a household member develops COVID-19 symptoms, stay at home, contact your physician and call our school nurse, Lori Henke, at 952-431-8220. Contact our School Nurse, Lori Henke, at 952-431-8220 or by email at email@example.com.
District 196 has updated its quarantine guidance for people identified as being in close contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19. Beginning last week, the quarantine length for close contacts is now 10 days from possible exposure (reduced from 14) for people who, during their quarantine, show no symptoms of illness. District 196 personnel contacting families regarding quarantines will use this 10-day guidance in identifying a return-to-school date for students and staff.
Who Do I Go To For Help?
Technology. Click here for AVHS Tech Help. The AVHS Tech Help page is for parents and students and is for issues with Schoology, Campus, iPads, internet support, and more.
Contacting counselors. Click here to find your student’s counselor. Counselors are available to assist with concerns about scheduling, academic progress, and mental health. Contacting a student's counselor is a good first step if there are concerns about multiple classes and can help coordinate and streamline communication.
Student Schedule. Click here to log in to Campus Portal and see Student Schedules.
Contacting teachers. Click here for a list of teacher e-mail addresses.
Text Message Updates
Texts are delivered via SchoolMessenger, the mass notification service the district uses for phone calls and email messages. Parents must opt-in to receive text messages. Standard message and data rates may apply.
- Text Y to 67587, you will receive a confirmation message stating you are registered to receive SchoolMessenger notifications via text.
For help information, text HELP to 67587.
To opt-out at any time, text STOP to 67587.
*Only SMS numbers listed as Guardians in the Infinite Campus student information system can receive texts.
**If you do not receive a confirmation message of what appears to be an error message, it most likely means that short code texting is not enabled on your wireless plan.