Edition #39-June 6, 2016
SCHOOL's OUT FOR SUMMER!!!...almost so please read below...
Last STAR LIGHT of the 2015-16 School Year
- ALL DATA Due to Admin.
- 1st grade to Bellingham Park
- Kindergarten Beach Blast
- 3rd grade Ashboro Zoo Trip-8-5:30
- MIS Parent Night at 6:00 for rising 4th graders
- 2nd Grade EOY Assembly from 10-11:30
- 3rd Grade EOY Assembly from 1-3
- Principal Team Meeting from 3:30-5:30
- Early Release day at 11:00am
- LAST DAY OF SCHOOL for Students
- Kindergarten and 1st Grade EOY Assemblies 9-11
- EOY ALL STAFF (Anyone reading this Newsletter also) Party from 1-4 at Blue Parrot Grill on the Lake!
- Required Workday
- Operations Luncheon 11:30-12:30 at MIS
- Optional Workday
- Monday June 13th STARTS summer Hours...7-5 for 12 month employees
- M2H is June 13th-July 21st Monday-Thursday.
- Tuesday June 14th EOY Leadership Meeting-8:30-3 and Wednesday June 15th EOY Leadership meeting 8:30-3.
- June 14th is MGSD Board Meeting
- June 23rd is PayDay
- MGSD Summer Connection is July 19-21
- MGSD Summer Institute is July 25-27
- MGSD Curriculum Planning-July 27th 12:30-4 and July 28th 8-4
- July 28th is PayDay
- August 1-4th & August 8-11 is Jump Start for select rising Kinders
- August 15th resumes Office Regular Hours 8-4:30
- August 18th and 19th-Optional Workdays
- August 22-26-Required Workdays
- August 29th is First Day of School 2016-17 school year
REGISTER For SUMMER INSTITUTE
Classes do have a maximum number of participants and when that number is reached the course will no longer be available, so please sign up soon!
Professional Development CEUs
- We are working to make sure everyone who attended data walls and the book study earn 1 CEU credit for each. Please go ahead and fill out a PD survey on the MGSD website (one survey per PD), if you attended. The names of the PD are South Data Walls and Teaching With Poverty in Mind.
- If you did any extra work toward the Tech PD's in order to add up to 1 CEU, please turn that info into me or Lauren. This work will be added to the hours you attended Tech PD's to equal 1.
Data Walls: September 28, 29, November 16, January 28,29, March 21
Book Study: Nov 4, January 6, January 20, Feb 10, Feb 24, March 2
Instructional Assistant Evaluations
If you have not turned in your TA Evaluation please do so by Monday. In our EOY staff meeting we announced these would be due by June 3rd.
What a treat to be able to water slide at school...Thank you Staff for motivating and encouraging our 3rd grade STARS until the END!!!
Glitter for a Cause
WOW now this is LEADERSHIP...Getting Glitter stuck to you on a HOT Day...The question...Is it off after this weekend or is there still some behind the ears, in between the toes, etc?
3rd Grade Hoedown
We so enjoyed our first 3rd grade Dance! Thanks to all who made this night a night to remember this SPECIAL 3rd grade class of 2025!!!
Glitter for a Cause
Happy Birthday to our Summer Babies!!!