Cornell AIAA Newsletter
Week of December 12, 2013
Table of Contents
- Aerospace in the News
- NEW: B/E Summer Manufacturing Intern
- NEW: Research & Development Engineering Interns
- REPOST: NASA Summer Internship: P-3 Aircraft Engineering Work in Support of Airborne Science
- REPOST: Rockwell Collins System Engineer Co-op
- REPOST: Tutors Wanted
- Cornell AIAA Open Board Meetings
- Publicize with Cornell AIAA!
1. Aerospace in the News
- Amazon Prime announces "Amazon Prime Air," a plan to deliver packages via unmanned drones in the future
- SpaceX launches Falcon 9 rocket to a height 22,000 miles above the equator
- Lockheed Martin announces plan to build the SR-72; a successor to the retired SR-71 Blackbird
2. B/E Summer Manufacturing Intern
Majors: Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering
Click on the link below to learn more
3. Research & Development Engineering Interns
The objective of Lycoming’s summer intern program is to assist students in applying educational knowledge to real world applications in an effort to expand overall learning and provide guidance in streamlining career choices.
To learn more visit
4. NASA Summer Internship: P-3 Aircraft Engineering Work in Support of Airborne Science
5. Rockwell Collins System Engineer Co-op
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
Rockwell Collins is searching for an engineering co-op student with education pursuit in Systems Engineering, Aerodynamics, Avionics or Computer Science. Position requires student to work closely with System Engineers and Subsystem Engineers in the development and verification of avionics applications. Tasks will include but are not limited to technical requirements development, system interconnect/interface design, integration testing, and tool development. Familiarity with aircraft flight operations, aircraft systems, ARINC communication standards, commercial Avionics development standards, commercial Avionics test facilities, and real-time embedded systems.
To learn more visit
6. Tutors Wanted
InstaEDU helps connect students with tutors in our online, collaborative workspace. Whenever you're online, we send tutoring requests your way. If you're available, just accept to instantly launch into an online lesson. You can also set up scheduled lessons when it's convenient for you. There's no minimum amount of tutoring required and we'll track all of your lesson time and pay you -- $20/hr -- every day!
Signing up is easy and only takes 5 minutes. All you need to do is go here: http://instaedu.com/become-a-tutor/ to get started.
If anyone has any questions, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.