TEAM CSF News - Weekly Update
One Team. One Goal. No Limits.
- Please make sure that you check this daily....when our agenda changes, I note it on the Weekly Smore.
- Mark your calendars....Elementary Registration is July 26th! If you are willing to work on this day,
- Everyone...please plan to stay on Monday, May 9th until 4pm. Dr. Hinton will visit us to discuss our district initiatives and our next steps. All certified staff should have received a survey. Please complete that survey by Monday, May 2nd at 3pm. If you did not receive it, please let me know.
- Please make sure that you are on time to duty. You should be at your duty location when the bell sounds, not moving to your location.
- Please make sure that you actively supervise students at all times. You should never leave students unattended. When you leave them unattended, this creates a liability.
- Please make sure that all doors stay closed and locked at all times.
- Please remember to carefully supervise all our play areas. Children find creative uses for playground equipment and often their choices are unwise. If you see signs for fire ants or wasps/hornets near any of the equipment, or equipment that is damaged please let us know immediately.
- Please remember to take a walkie with you before you go outside.
- Please make sure that students have had lunch before leaving the cafeteria to see the nurse, unless it is an emergency. (We have had students missing lunch, and they were waiting for a band-aid.)
- If you need band-aids, please email Nurse Belue and she will place them in your box.
- Head Lice Reminders - Encourage students to avoid head to head contact. If you have pillows in your room, please make sure that students are not placing their heads on them. Please make sure that students are not laying down on the rugs in your classroom. Please make sure that coats and book bags are at each child's desk and not hung where they are touching each other. If you have questions, please see Nurse Belue.
Things to Complete:
- ALL Teachers - complete the WIDA PD course on Edivate by May 1st and submit a copy of your certificate to Mrs. Ehlich. I will make a copy and place in your box, once I have received everyone's copy. You will need this when you complete your recertification paperwork in the future.
- Please make sure that you are submitting your lesson plans on Thursday before leaving.
- Please make sure that you update your blog by 8am on Monday morning.
- We have all student's transportation forms! I appreciate your help with this!
- A survey for our coaches has been shared with you, please complete by May 2nd at 3pm. (We complete these twice each year.)
- SCPASS Testing Dates - May 11th and 12th
- CSF will begin DRA/DRA2/PALS on April 26th. All should be completed by Friday May 13th.
- K5 and 1st Grade Portfolios are due by May 20th to Kelly.
- Remember that grades 3-5 must have one unit in Canvas by the end of the 2nd semester.
- Make sure that you are sending signed papers every two weeks.
- Make sure you are entering grades in PS each week.
- Please remember that grades are stored 10 days after report cards go home. If you need to change a grade, you must see me.
- RtI - Please make sure that you bring a copy of your Intervention Sheet with you to the meeting so that we have one to keep.
Staff Development Opportunities
May 2nd 4:00 AP Seminar
May 4th 1:00 DO Special Services
May 5th Special Ed. Banquet
June 2nd Technology in Two
All Certified Staff
***We will meet from 3-4 pm for all of the 1 hour PD***
- (7Hrs) WIDA on-line course - to be completed by May 1st
- 1hour 5/9 - Dr. Hinton visits CSF
- Complete the WIDA Course (7 hours) to be completed by May 1st
To enroll, teachers will need to log in to Edivate, select resources--learning targets, then catalogs—professional development, and from there they can select the WIDA course. After you complete, please print out and submit the certificate to me no later than May 1st. If you have questions, please see me.
Happy Teacher Appreciation Week!!!Monday, May 2nd-
- No Math planning (3rd, 4th, 2nd, 5th) - Lisa out of the building
- Kelly out of the building
- Blogs updated
- Reminder - Water will be cut off at 2:30 for about an hour
Tuesday, May 3rd-
- No ELA Planning (3rd and 4th) - Kelly out of the building
- Math Planning (5K, 4K, and 1st)
- School Title I Meeting at 9am
- 2:45 R2S Meeting in Media Center
Wednesday, May 4th-
- GT Art
- Coaches and Principal attend Principals Meeting
- National School Nurse Day
Thursday, May 5th-
- ELA Planning (5K, 1st, 2nd, 5th)- meet with Ehlich
- 3rd and 4th - meet with Ehlich during your planning time
- Lesson Plans due before leaving
- MTSS Meeting at the DO
- CSF Singers - Last Meeting
- Terrific Kid Ceremony at 8:30
Friday, May 6th-
- PBIS Store
A look at May 9-13th
No Planning Meetings this week!
- Blogs updated by 8am
- Faculty Meeting with Dr. Hinton and Instructional Team (please plan to meet until 4:15)
- Land of Smiles Dental at 1pm 4K-3rd
- Kelly out of the building and Literacy Region Cohort
- GT Art
- SCPASS Science
- Math Coach Meeting
- Lesson Plans due before leaving
- SCPASS Social Studies
- TEAM CSF Spirit Day
- A thank-you to all of you that made the Dance Party a success!
- The next PBIS store will be May 6th!
A Few Safety Reminders...
1. Conduct a daily “safety scan” of your classroom each morning as you enter the room. Remove or relocate any items that may create a safety hazard.
2. Ensure the door to your room is closed and locked at all times.
3. Be aware of your surroundings as you walk. Watch for potential slip and trip hazards.
4. Ensure you have a class list with you at all times.