Student v. Staff Basketball Game
Student's won 50-49
Student v Staff Basketball Game
Congratulations Student's on winning 50-49 in the last few seconds of the game.
April 13, 2023
- Apr 17 Last Day for Activity Period
- Apr 21 Cpl. Patrick "PJ" Mann Athletic Scholarship Deadline
- Apr 21-23 Spring Musical "Legally Blonde"
- Apr 22 Earth Day
- Apr 26 Administrative Professionals Day
- Apr 26 PLTW White Coat Ceremony
- May 5 Two-hour Early Dismissal Day
- May 9 National Teacher Appreciation Day
- May 10 School Nurse Day
Early Dismissal: If a birth parent or legal guardian (appointed by the courts) is sending someone to pick up his/her child early from school for any reason, he/she must send a written note/email indicating who will be picking up the student and giving consent. Upon receiving the note from the birth parent or legal guardian, the school will then verify its authenticity and check ID of the adult who signs the student out of the building (see the St Charles High School Student Handbook, pg. 12)
Emergency Contact: Listing an emergency contact does not allow the individual to pick up a student at any given time in a non-emergency situation without prior written authorization from the birth parent/legal guardian (per the Charles County Public Schools Handbook: Emergency Card (2022-2023) Maria V. Navarro, Ed.D. Superintendent of Schools, pg. 2).
- Deliveries for students are prohibited. Per the county's parent handbook, students are not allowed to receive outside food deliveries. Deliveries from Grub Hub, Door Dash, Uber Eats, Food Scooter, etc. Food deliveries of any kind will be turned away by our main office staff. Deliveries of balloons, cakes, flowers, etc. for students will be stored in the main office until dismissal.
- Free Breakfast is available for all students each school day from 7:10-7:25 am. MyPaymentsPlus is available to monitor your student's lunch account balance and spending.
- CCPS 24-hour information line is available 301-934-7410 or 301-392-6656, or website at www.ccboe.com. for school closing information.
Junior Senior Prom
Theme: Emerald City
- Friday, May 19, 2023, 7pm-11pm at Jaycees Hall, Waldorf.
- Cost $85 per ticket. Ticket sales April 17 - May 3 in the school store during all four lunches. To be eligible to purchase a ticket you must be free of any school debt.
- Please keep in mind that several local vendors offer donations to St. Charles High School if you mention that you are a student here.
- The Attendance Secretary is not responsible for robocalls. They are auto-generated and go out for excused and unexcused absences.
- To check your student's absences, go to ParentVUE and look under "Attendance". If your student is marked absent, and you know they are present, please reach out to the teacher directly in ParentVUE.
- Students are only allowed 4.5 absences for extracurricular eligibility each quarter. If absent, they need to bring a note from a parent, doctor, etc. in a timely manner.
- Attendance notes need to be submitted within 5 days of absence to be excused.
- Please clearly print the student's FIRST and LAST name, student ID number, and include the dates absent. All notes must have a parent's signature.
- Requests for administrative approval of absences must be sent to the respective grade level administrator at least 2 weeks in advance.
CLASS OF 2023
Senior Class Trip
May 12 to Busch Gardens, Williamsburg, VA. $125 cost includes transportation, rides, attractions, and picnic lunch buffet. Full payment is due by April 14.
Senior Dues of $130 is due by May 1. You can pay by cash, check payable to the school, or by credit card on MySchoolBucks.com. Any student who has not paid dues in full will not be eligible to purchase a ticket to the prom.
Post Graduate Plans
Remember to bring, email, or forward a copy of ALL your college acceptance letters, scholarships, grants, awards, financial aid award letters, job offers, apprenticeship selections, or military commitments to Mrs. Malherek in the Career Center or email them to her at email@example.com or through StudentVUE!!! If you prefer the above information not to be included on the morning announcements, please notify Mrs. Malherek when submitting your information to her.
- Additional scholarship opportunities can be found on the College and Career Center webpage on the SCHS website, for a direct link click here.
May 31 - Regency Furniture Stadium at 9 a.m. See the direct link here for the senior newsletter for additional information regarding required graduation practices, dress attire, tickets, and parking.