Central School Book Fair
Where: CS Library
We can't wait to check out all the awesome books at the Central School Book Fair!!
Where: Our room!
Join 3B for our Valentine's Day Party this Friday, February 14th at 2:00.
3B Has a Dream
What: Celebrated the accomplishment of writing a true, small moment story
Where: Mrs. Hessert's classroom
When: January 2014
Why: Our writers followed some very important steps for writing a true personal narrative. They thought about important people and places, stretched their story bit by bit, played a image in their mind, practiced storytelling, created a good lead, wrote fast and furiously, set goals, edited their drafts, and published their stories!
- place value of whole numbers (all the way to the millions)
- place value of decimals (all the way to the thousandths)
- shading in parts of a whole, naming the fraction, and writing the decimal
- comparing whole numbers and decimals
- adding and subtracting 3 digit numbers
- making ballpark estimates to check our work
Here are some of the important skills we're learning in Unit 6, so far:
- drawing and naming line segments, rays, and lines
- exploring parallel & intersecting line segments, rays, and lines
- naming and drawing clockwise and counterclockwise rotations of angles
- Main idea and details
- Cause and effect
- Fact and opinion
- Story structure
The Chemicals are still a mystery
We know more about properties and physical changes now that we've investigated 5 mystery chemicals. We've used several controls such as water, vinegar, and iodine.
We are collecting data and keeping true records just like real scientists. We grow more curious each day as we pose questions, make predictions, and analyze the results! There are only 2 more investigations left!