Chandler High Wolf Bytes
School of Champions
Scholastic Art and Writing Awards
Congratulations to Hannah Earll for earning a Silver Key and 2 Honorable Mentions through the Scholastic Art and Writing Awards.
water is life fundraiser
After just two days of selling straws for Water is Life, and some GREAT competition between teachers, CHS students brought in $1,275 and will provide more than 127 children with water filter straws! Great job, Wolves! Thanks to DECA for organizing such a great project!
Last Week's Wins
- Varsity Baseball def. Air Academy (CO) 11-1
- Girls Tennis def. Mesquite 5-4
- Varsity Baseball def. Omaha Burke (NE) 4-1
- Varsity Softball def. Horizon 11-9
- Varsity Baseball def. Whittier (CA) 4-1
- JV Softball def. Mesa 15-1
- Varsity Softball def. Mesa 15-0
- JV Volleyball def. Queen Creek 3-0
This Week's Home Events
- Monday, 3/28: Girls Tennis vs Campo Verde @ 3:30 pm; Varsity Baseball vs Millennium @ 4 pm; Varsity Softball vs Mountain Ridge @ 4 pm
- Tuesday, 3/29: Girls Tennis vs Desert Vista @ 3:30 pm; Boys Volleyball vs Red Mountain, JVB @ 3:30 pm JV @ 4 pm and Varsity @ 5:30 pm; Freshman/JV Softball vs Perry @ 3:45 pm; Varsity Baseball vs Perry @ 4 pm
- Thursday, 3/31: Boys Tennis vs Basha @ 3:30 pm; Varsity Softball vs Desert Vista @ 3:45 pm; Freshman/JV Baseball vs Desert Vista @ 3:45 pm; Boys Volleyball vs Deer Valley, JV @ 4 pm and Varsity @ 5:30 pm
CHS AzMERIT, AIMS SCIENCE AND ACT TESTING
- Tuesday, March 29th- ELA Writing for all students in English 9, English 10 and English 11 (includes Honors/AP/IB/ELD classes)- 10:25am Late Start for students not testing
- Wednesday, March 30th- Math for all students in Algebra 1, Geometry and Algebra 2 (includes Honors)- 10:25am Late Start for students not testing
- Thursday, March 31st- ELA Reading for all students in English 9, English 10 and English 11 (includes Honors/AP/IB/ELD classes)- 10:25am Late Start for students not testing
AIMS Science Testing
- Wednesday, April 13th for 9th and 10th graders in Biology, H Biology or Applied Bio - 10:25 AM Late Start for students not testing
- Tuesday, April 19th for all juniors- 11:50am late start for 9th, 10th and 12th graders
All testing begins at 7:25am. We are running two bus routes each day of testing, the regular route for testers, and a second route for non-testers. Students not testing AzMERIT or AIMS Science will catch their bus 3 hours later than regularly scheduled pick-up. On April 19th, freshmen, sophomores and seniors will catch their bus 4 ½ hours later than regularly scheduled pick-up.
PROM: 007TH WONDER OF THE WORLD
CHS Student Council is pleased to announce that this year’s theme for Prom is 007th Wonder of the World. CHS Juniors and Seniors should plan on completing their secret mission on Saturday, April 16th from 8:00-11:00pm at the Renaissance Hotel in downtown Phoenix. Tickets are $55 each but will increase to $65 on Thursday, April 14th. If the upperclassman’s date is an underclassman or does not attend CHS, a guest pass must be turned in to Ms. Tierney’s office by April 6th. Guest passes can be found in the CHS bookstore.
Gentlemen, looking for a tuxedo or other formal wear for prom? Check out the Men’s Warehouse near the Chandler Fashion Center for great deals. Remember to mention that you are a student at Chandler High School, as Men’s Warehouse will donate a portion of the rental fee to CHS.
Before Spring Break, CHS’s two AVID 9 classes joined together to participate in several team challenge activities. Students had to read the challenge and work together as a group to come up with a solution. They were also asked to take turns being the leader and recorder for their group.
ATHLETIC INFORMATION MEETING
On Tuesday, April 5th, CHS will be hosting an athletic information meeting for all registered incoming 9th graders. View the athletic night flyer for more information. If you have any questions, please contact the CHS Athletic Office.
PARENT ASSISTANCE CENTER
Do you ever feel overwhelmed trying to be the best parent you can be? The Parent Assistance Center is aimed at uniting parents who deal with the daily challenges of raising teenagers. It is run by parents who want to offer their support to others seeking out resources for a wide variety of issues including behavioral and physical health, juvenile courts, child welfare, developmental disabilities, special education, and many more. Several groups are offered on site as well as the use of their hotline services.
Call the Parent Assistance Center at 602-288-0155 or 1-877-568-8468, make an appointment to visit, or just walk-in. They are located at 5333 N 7th Street, Suite A-100 Phoenix, AZ 85014.
Check out their flyer at the following link for more information: Parent Assistance Center flyer.
“SMILE STRAIGHT” ESSAY CONTEST
Chamberlain Orthodontics wants to give one CHS student a free set of braces! Chamberlain is sponsoring an essay contest for students who would like to illustrate the need (financial and physical) for FREE, professional orthodontic services. View the following flyer for more details: “Smile Straight” flyer. The essay deadline is Friday, April 1st.
CHS GOLF CLASSIC
cusd summer academy
In need of making up credits? Looking to get a head start for next year? CUSD Summer Academy could be just what you're looking for. Information on CUSD Summer Academy can be found by visiting the following link: CUSD Summer Academy Information
It's not too late! Help support extra-curricular activities and extended learning beyond the regular school day by making a tax credit donation to Chandler High School. The state of Arizona allows taxpayers to receive a tax credit of up to $200 ($400 if married and filing jointly) when you make a tax credit donation to our school. Yes, taxpayers receive a dollar-for-dollar credit towards their state tax return. Tutoring, student clubs and field trips are just a few of the enrichment programs that are supported through tax credit donations. Click here for more info, and please name Chandler High School as the recipient of your donation. Thank you for your support!
CHS WOLF DAYS- SAVE THE DATE
The purpose of WOLF Days is to distribute 2016-17 schedules, take student I.D. pictures, and pay for any fees. Please keep these dates in mind when scheduling vacations. WOLF Days takes place in the CHS Media Center.
Seniors - July 13th - 8:00 AM-3:00 PM
Juniors - July 14th - 8:00 AM-3:00 PM
Sophomores - July 15th - 8:00 AM-3:00 PM
Freshmen - July 18th - 11:30 AM-6:00 PM