The Weekly Knot
Issue 30: Power in Planning
ESOL Tip of the Week
Felegy ESOL Site Update
The Felegy Site has been updated with tons of useful information, including:
- Information regarding ESOL Instructional Models (pull-out, push-in, co-teaching). This information can be found under the ESOL Instructional Models tab.
- Information regarding newcomers and culture shock. This can be found under the Frequently Asked Questions tab.
- This tab is very relevant to our school, as we now have newcomers in every grade-level!
- Ideas and resources for instruction with your ELLs. This can be found under the Instruction for ELLs tab.
Check out all the new information by clicking here!
Upcoming ESOL Professional Development Opportunity
- An Evening with Sonia Nazario
- Tuesday May 19, 2015
- As PGCPS is committed to educating and engaging all students and families, this evening of professional development will catalyze pertinent and enlightening discussion relative to engagement of immigrant students and families.
- See the attached flyer for more details.
- Register on ERO using SRN: 3126515301
Monday March 23, 2015
Tuesday March 24, 2015
Level-Up in the Media Center, 2:15 p.m.: EduSoft and Performance Matters
Wednesday March 25, 2015
Thursday March 26, 2015
Friday March 27, 2015
Upcoming PD Opportunities
Share Fair Nation DC (STEM)
First Arts Integration Book Club Meeting. A few free copies of the book are available, contact Ms. Ward (AI)
An evening with Sonia Nazario (ESOL)
June or July