Last of the Year!
Remember to have your child read this summer and practice their math facts. Children tend to lose some of their wonderful progress over the summer and they have all made amazing progress I would hate for that to happen. Even as a teacher and a mother of four I tend to slack off in the summer so I really understand. The reading packets are on-line just try your best. Your child's reading this summer will make a significant difference next year. A summer writing journal is always an excellent idea as well.
Thank you for the help I received this year in media, the classroom and computers. Also you are so generous with the supplies you have sent in, I can't thank you all enough. This is a quote from one of my favorite books I shared with your children hopefully they will remember. Read it to them and find out.
"What is real?" the Rabbit asked the Skin Horse one day. "Does it mean having things that buzz inside you and a stick out handle?"
"Real isn't how you are made," said the Skin Horse . "It's a thing that happens to you when a child loves you for a long, long time, you become real."
On to business these last three weeks will fly by so I want to go over the important dates and events.
- Home work this week is to bring in a cleaned clear two liter soda bottle. There will be no other homework this week.
- Field day June 3rd, Please send in your child with extra clothes and a towel.
- Rain date June 6th
- Teddy Bear due in school for Teddy Bear picnic June 14th
- Teddy Bear Picnic June 15th
- End of the year celebration in the classroom Thursday, June 16th
- June 17th Last day of school
Last week of school I like to do fun activities in the classroom I call it our "Read in Week" I will send home a hard copy of these activities as a reminder. I will also send home a reminder about the Teddy Bear picnic.
- Monday June 13th please have your child bring in a poem to share to the class. In class poster contest about reading.
- Tuesday June 14th we will be going to the beach with our literacy. Teddy Bears need to be brought to school for their sleepover.
- Wednesday June 15th Teddy Bear picnic bring a towel to school.
- Thursday June 16th End of Year Celebration and "Reading Camp Out" bring a flashlight!
- Last day of school hooray!
Have a great summer!!!!!