Lincoln Crossing Colt Connection
September 1, 2019
Mrs. Hladun's Tidings
Also, the biggest CONGRATULATIONS to the Azevedo Family - they won the parking spot raffle on Friday night! Families, this spot is next to our accessible spaces. Please help us (and the Azevedo Family) by keeping the marked reserved space clear for their use!
I had a family inquire this week about the change in crosswalk supervision before and after school. We have been evaluating the effectiveness of Miss Sandra being at the crosswalk on Joiner and Groveland for the better part of a year. On average last year, Miss Sandra crossed 3 students at the light before and after school. At the corner of Danbury and Groveland, there is a stop sign/crosswalk, and we were finding that many students were meeting their rides down along Danbury (smart!) and kids were hanging out on the grass by Kinder unsupervised after school. Generally between 20-30 students cross that street at that intersection before and after school, and another couple of dozen pick up rides in that area.
To that end, we made a shift in supervision. In the mornings, Miss Sandra is providing support at our main gate, greeting students and helping adults with questions and to get visitor badges. Mr. Andrew provides support at the Kinder gate until 8 am (we are welcoming 75+ very young children in a 10 min window!) and then he moves to Danbury and Groveland to supervise and support that crosswalk area. Mr. Morgan, Mrs. Adams and Mrs. Guemmer (and sometimes our WatchDOGS) provide support at the main crosswalk and for our morning greeters.
After school, Miss Sandra provides support at the crosswalk by the field, Miss Pamela is helping us at the pick up loop, Miss Karla covers the main crosswalk and Mr. Andrew is down at Danbury and Groveland.
There are several new faces and many new roles. It takes time to get into a grove - we appreciate your patience and feedback as we make adjustments that help us to ensure student safety before and after school. We'll continue to evaluate the effectiveness of our campus supervisor's locations and we'll adjust if/as needed!
I have a deep appreciation for the work that our campus supervisors and other classified staff do for our students and our campus - LCES is better for their dedication, hard work and passion for working with kids. Please take a minute to introduce yourself to them and to give them the positive kudos they deserve!
Happy Families Series Presentation: The Self Driven Child
Join us on Thursday, 9/12 at 6 pm OR Friday, 9/13 at 8:30 am in the LCES Tech Room (to the right of the science classroom) for our first Health Family Presentation, hosted by our LCES School Psychologist, Ms. Desi St. John.
Topic: The Self Driven Child
Are you concerned about your child succeeding in the world, getting into a good college, getting a job? Look no further than Dr. William Stixrud and Ned Johnson’s reassuring presentation. They assure parents that there is no narrow road to success, that failures will lead to learning and growth, and that one of our most important roles as parents is to be a non-anxious presence. We can help kids feel less anxious by giving them more control to pursue their goals. We can trust that our kids have a desire and drive to succeed, and with our support and respect, that they will find their way in the world.
There is NO charge and free day care is provided for the evening session!
Find out about future Happy Family Sessions:
Colt Pride Fridays!
Our PTC has an online store to order spirit items - www.lincolncrossingspiritwear.com - all items are direct shipped to you! There is FREE shipping from 8/23-9/9. You can get t-shirts, sweatshirts, pants, bags and more...in youth and adult sizes! There are a ton of options! Here is a copy of the paper flier, too: http://bit.ly/19-20spiritwear
Come On In - All Adults Need Visitor Badges!
Thank you for supporting this policy so we can ensure we know who is on campus and promote student safety.
My team doesn't always know friend from foe - please sign in and come onto campus in the morning instead of hanging out at the perimeter gates - it creates stress for the kids and adults who are trying to get the day off on the right foot (see the Tidings above!). I promise you that if your child is having a tough moment, we will help them get through it. If it's a REALLY tough morning, you can always call to check on your child, or you may find that you hear from the teacher or an administrator to let you know all is well!
Fall Picture Day
School Picture Day is scheduled for Thursday, September 5th, 2019!
1. Go to: http://www.campuscolorstudios.com/
2. Click: Order School Pictures
2. Click: View Gallery for LINCOLN CROSSING SCHOOL FALL 2019-2020
3. Enter your Email Address and select Submit
4. Select your Package
Questions? Call (916)749-1026 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Parking, Drop Off & Pick Up
We provide supervision from 7:55-8:10 am and again from 2:40-3 pm (1:40-2 on Mondays). We find it is less congested before 8 am and after 2:50 pm.
This year, you'll see some new signage out and more student greeters ready to help your child out of the car. We ask you to keep two thing in mind - stay in your lane and pull all the way forward to make drop off/pick up as easy as possible!
Week of September 2nd:
- Mon., 9/2: No School in honor of Labor Day
- Tues, 9/3-Thurs., 9/5: Musical Theater Production Reveal
- Wed., 9/4: Believe Fundraiser Assembly
- Thurs., 9/5: Fall Picture Day - see details above
- Fri., 9/6-Fri., 9/20: Believe Fundraiser in process
- Fri., 9/6: Colt Pride Friday!
- through Mon., 9/9: PTC Spirit Wear Sale - FREE shipping! Click Here for the Website!
Week of September 9th:
- now-Fri., 9/20: Believe Fundraiser in process
- Mon., 9/9: Today's the LAST DAY: PTC Spirit Wear Sale - FREE shipping! Click Here for the Website!
- Mon., 9/9: Early Release Monday
- Mon., 9/9, 1-1:40 pm: Leadership Ambassadors Meeting
- Mon, 9/9, 1:45-2:45 pm: Choir Rehearsal
- Thurs., 9/12, 6 pm & Fri., 9/13, 8:30 am, Tech Room - Happy Families Presentation (duplicate sessions) - watch for info!
- Fri., 9/13: Colt Pride Friday!
- Fri., 9/13, 1:40-2:40 pm, MPR: Musical Theater Audition Workshop (optional)
Week of September 16th:
- Mon., 9/16: Early Release Monday
- Mon., 9/16, 1-1:40 pm: Leadership Ambassadors Meeting
- Mon, 9/16, 1:45-2:45 pm: Choir Rehearsal
- Thurs., 9/19, 5 pm, Library: PTC Community Meeting
- now-Fri., 9/20: Believe Fundraiser in process
- Fri., 9/20: Colt Pride Friday!
- Fri., 9/20, 1:30-4 pm, MPR: Musical Theater Auditions (students will be given a window of time to audition)
- Thurs., 9/26: Phil Tulga Enrichment Assemblies (thanks to our PTC!)
- Fri, 9/27, 1:30-4 pm: Musical Theater Audition Call Backs
- Mon., 9/30: Safety Day for Grades 3-5
- Thurs., 10/3-Mon., 10/7: No School - Fall "mini break"
- Thurs., 10/10 or Fri., 10/11: Happy Family Workshop - Free Range Children in a High Tech Age
- Mon., 10/14: No School, Teacher Work Day
*click here for our new music (choir, grade level music, musical theater) website!
*click here for our new Leadership Ambassador website!
Check out this amazing new Leadership Ambassador's webpage - you can find calendar info, Action Team info and information about the LA training curriculum!
Click for more information about school meal pricing and breakfast and lunch menus. You can also access My School Bucks to add to your child's lunch balance and submit an online application for free/reduced meals.
Click to view a map and video that explains how we ask families to help us keep kids safe. Note that it is much less congested between between 7:50-8:00 am and again between 2:50-3 pm. Supervision is provided at 7:55 am and until 3 pm (2 on ER Days).
The district has approved and published 2 years of school calendars! Click for details!
Fall & Early Winter - Non School Days or Special Release Days
- Mon., 9/2: Labor Day/no school
- Thurs., 10/3-Mon., 10/7: Fall Break/no school
- Mon., 10/14: Teacher work day/no school
- Mon., 11/11: Veteran's Day/no school
- Week of 11/18-11/22: Extra Early Release Days/Conference Week (12:30 release times)
- Week of 11/25-11/29: Thanksgiving Break/no school
- 12/23-1/3: Winter Break/no school
Every Monday is an Early Release Day!