Save our Ecosystem!
Oil Rig Disadvantages
- When you are drilling for oil, a blowout (or an explosion of a gas pocket) can occur!
- This blowout will cause can cause fires, explosions, and can scatter drilling waste into the area.
- When a person inhales direct fumes from the oil rig it can cause damage in your organs and cause them to shut down if these fumes are deadly enough.
- There are many species of animals in Alaska.
- If we put this oil rig into effect, we are risking their lives!
- These animals will lose their habitats if we create a damage in the ecosystem.
- Rocks can be damaged by forcing drilling mud into them.
- A job like this can be very expensive and especially dangerous to the people working on it.
- Leakage can occur if something goes wrong.
- Equipment can fail and not function properly.