Digital Safety Tip: Phishing
last updated 10/8/2020
What is Phishing?
Phishing is the attempt to obtain sensitive information such as usernames, passwords and credit card details by disguising oneself as a trustworthy entity in an electronic communication.
Hover DO NOT Click
- If you receive an email requesting information, hover over the link and/or FROM email address to verify that the link and email address are really from who they say they are.
Look for the Out of District Warning
- ALL emails sent from senders outside of GCCISD will begin with the text shown below.
- Remember, DO NOT click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender AND know the content is safe!
DO NOT Open Attachments
- Attachments could contain viruses or malware that can damage your computer. steal your password, or install spying software.
- Do not open any email attachments that you are not expecting from a sender.