Short Week=Long Weekend
Rest, Relax, Refresh
Our classroom follows a math workshop model, where students come to the carpet for a mini lesson, number talks, some mental math is involved. They are then sent off in partnerships or small groups to build and create posters to explain strategies they are learning. Afterward, students give one another feedback during a silent gallery walk. Followed by a Math Congress. During a Math Congress specific student partnerships are chosen to explain and justify their strategies to the rest of the class. There are some rich discussions when students are faced with convincing their peers and justifying the reasons their model is the best one to use for the math situation.
I look forward to having parents join us this trimester for a math workshop. Details will come home about this soon.
The responses were interesting, I wanted to share their thoughts with you. I categorized the responses and here were the main themes:
- My parents not allowing me to use, iPads (12)
- My Parents telling me to do my homework right after school, not being allowed to play/telling me more than once. (13)
- Working in groups with people who do not have the same mindset, but Ms. Day doesn't know because they pretend when she is around (3)
- Sharing with siblings (4)
- Speaking in front of my classmates (4)
- MAP Test: (7)
- Math (4)
Please see the link below for an interesting take on Stress.
Have a wonderful long weekend. One final video for your listening pleasure, I have also shared this mindful moment with your children today.
A wonderful few minutes of mindfulness.