Testing substances with the pH's of 1-12
2. Whisk or stirring utensil
4. pH strips
5. pH scale
6. Camera (phone)
2. Get your substance you're testing, pour half a cup of substance into your measuring cup. If you're testing a solid, measure a table spoon of your solid, pour into half of a cup of water in your measuring cup. Be sure to stir solution well.
3. Cut a pH stick in half.
4. Put half of pH stick in half cup of your solution, be sure to not let go.
5. Once pH stick changes color, compare to pH scale and determine pH level by the color of stick coordinated with the color on pH scale.
6. Once pH level is determined, take a picture of your pH stick held next to pH scale with substance. Be sure to show the label of your substance.
7. Once picture is taken, place your picture onto your website below procedures.
8. Clean your measuring cup so your following substances aren't inaccurate.