Lincoln Middle School
September 4, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to browse through this newsletter. Please be sure to click on any of the "buttons" below that you feel will provide information important to you or your student. Lincoln's Back-to-School Night Presentations are available by clicking a button below.
Have a restful, three-day weekend . . . NO SCHOOL on Monday!
A Message about Quest's New Lunch Program from Adam Parisi, Assistant Superintendent for Finance and Operations
Dear District 57 Community,
As you are aware, District 57 has started the school year with remote learning. Quest Food Management Services is busy reopening the kitchen at Lincoln and making modifications to the program to ensure safe serving. The menu has been modified and will include pre-packed meals for distribution for each school in District 57. Cold entrees will be offered; you will also have the choice to pre-order a la carte items.
Although there will be modifications to the “way” we serve our food during this time, we want to assure you that the quality of “what” we serve will not change. We will be preparing meals daily, from fresh, high quality ingredients that adhere to Quest’s Food Philosophy. Modifications to the way we serve are outlined below:
Pre-Ordering with My Meal Order
Quest has made modifications to ensure your meal is served in the safest and freshest way possible. Because meals will be primarily served in a remote environment, the District is using an online ordering system (My Meal Order). Below are the steps for ordering weekly a la carte options.
Starting Tuesday September 8 the entire district will have the capability to order lunch and a la carte items off of a new ordering platform.
• Please create an account with My Meal Order. Instructions are attached. This will allow you to select the daily meals and/or a la carte options.
• Meal orders must be submitted by Thursday at midnight for the next week.
• You will be required to create an account and transactions will happen at the point of order.
• It is highly recommended that the “low balance” notification is set up for your My Meal order account to ensure continuous food service. Insufficient funds will result in delayed ordering and may result in your order for the next week not being processed.
• First orders will be due September 8 at midnight for meal distribution on Tuesday, September 15 and Thursday, September 17.
Meal Distribution will take place at Lincoln Middle School in D57 from 11:10am - 12:50pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays each week.
• Orders for Tuesdays will be picked up Tuesday at Lincoln Middle School.
• Orders for Thursday will be picked up Thursday at Lincoln Middle School.
• Meals will be labeled with the student’s name and ID number.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to Quest’s District Manager, Anthony Ferrazzuolo, at firstname.lastname@example.org or Food Service Director at District 57, Donna Niesen at Donna.Niesen@questfms.com.
Ms. Sassatelli, Building Technology Coach
With remote learning in full swing, students may be receiving lots of emails from Google Classroom! Take a few minutes to help your child customize which emails they want to receive.
PARENTS: MEDICAL PAPERWORK MUST BE SUBMITTED ASAP!
FROM YOUR SCHOOL NURSE, MRS. SMITH
The Illinois State Board of Education and Illinois Department of Public Health have not changed health requirements for the 2020/2021 school year. Therefore, all incoming 6th grade and new students must submit a completed school physical and immunization record to the health office prior to October 15th. Dental forms are also required but the deadline is not before October 15. Physical exams after August 24, 2019 and dental examinations done after 11/15/19 fulfill the requirement.
Once In-Person learning resumes, if the required paperwork has not been received, your child will be excluded from school. This paperwork can either be emailed to the school nurse (email@example.com) or dropped off at Lincoln Middle School (collection bin located in the foyer/front of building from 7am-3pm) or faxed to (847) 394-7358.
Please make sure to complete the health history section at the top of the form, sign and date--this section is completed by parent.