BSD Family Updates
Wednesday, March 17, 2021
Spring 2021 Family-School Relationship Survey
As you may already be aware, growing our students’ social-emotional learning (“SEL”) skills is an important goal for our district. As part of these activities, we survey students and ask them to reflect on their own mindsets and approaches to learning. Survey results inform our educational practices, and helps us continue to identify opportunities for growth and development with our students.
Our Family-School Relationship Survey is grouped into several categories:
- Student skills and competencies;
- Student supports and environment;
- Student well-being; and
- Teacher well-being and adult SEL
We need your feedback!
Parents/family members are invited to complete our parent/family survey.
Please note: Some of the questions are not totally relevant in our current environment. The survey is a national survey that we adopt locally. While we are not able to adjust all of the questions, we appreciate your input and honest responses.
- The survey will be open until April 11, 2021.
- If you have students in more than one school, you are welcome to take the survey for each school.
- If you are a community member, please take the survey for the school at which you have volunteered or with which you have had experience.
- The survey can be taken on a computer, tablet or smart phone, or on your student's District-issued Chromebook.
- The survey should take 15-20 minutes.
- If you do not have access to a computer or telephone, please contact Laura Bay at 360-473-1016 so we can provide a way for you to take the survey.
Thank you so much for your time and support of the Bremerton School District.
Family survey links and tips for helping your student complete his/her survey at home can be found on our website.
Meal Program Updates
- Five-Day meal kits: Our 5-day meal kits are being discontinued after spring break. The last opportunity for regular 5-day meal kits is the end of the month: sign up by Friday, March 26 for pick-up on Monday, March 29.
- Spring break meal kits: Spring break meal packs are available for pick-up on Friday, April 2 (only). Families must sign-up by Wednesday, March 31.
- There is NO meal service (bus or at schools) during spring break.
- With secondary students returning to buildings, our meal delivery schedule will be changing effective the week of March 29. We will communicate changes to the meal bus schedule next week.
Bremerton School District in the news!
Click any graphic below to access information!
View past updates, 2020-21 school year information, and find resources here!