Get a head start on 2014
PD opportunities for graduate and returning teachers
* Been a while since you've been in a classroom? *Concerned you're not quite ready for the onslaught? *Worried that Uni hasn't quite prepared you for those first few weeks?
These 3 full day workshops will help you achieve a smooth start in 2014
The ABC of teaching Literacy
- The Reading Block- including Independent Reading, conferencing, comprehension and decoding strategies
- Classroom Libraries
- Writers Note Book
- Teaching Phonics
Attendees will leave with the knowledge of the expectations of the Literacy Block and how to effectively assess and plan for meaningful student learning.
Teaching Mathematics from 1 to infinity
Teaching Mathematics from 1 to infinity is a Professional Development day focussing on:
- The Mathematics Hour (Warm Up, Introduction, Student Activity, Reflection)
- How to differentiate (using concrete materials, technology, open-ended tasks, worded problems, Toolbox Strategies, etc.)
- Assessment (Mathematics Online Interview, anecdotal notes, Common Assessment Tasks, conferencing, questioning, anchor charts, etc.)
Attendees will leave with the knowledge of the expectations of the Mathematics Block and how to effectively assess and plan for meaningful student learning.
eLearning resources for the 21st Century classroom
Teachers will walk away with;
- A clearer understanding of the best digital resources available
- A picture of how to engage, motivate and inspire the creative minds in their care
- Knowledge of how to find Web 2.0 tools, excellent interactive resources, freely available software, and use them effectively in their 21st century classroom
- Avenues for their students to demonstrate their learning beyond the mundane
This practical, hands-on day will provide teachers with the opportunity to explore
rich and relevant resources and see links to learning and teaching with ICT across
To book - click on any link below
- The ABC of Teaching Literacy - Wednesday December 11
- Teaching Mathematics from 1 to infinity - Thursday December 12
- eLearning resources for the classroom - Friday December 13
$120 (ex GST per person per session) or to attend all 3 pay only $300. All sessions are fully catered with morning tea and lunch.
Cancellation Policy - Unless 24hrs notice required
For more details contact Daryl English on firstname.lastname@example.org or at Truganina South Primary School on 9296 1800
Brianna is currently Leading Teacher Numeracy Pedagogy Coach at TSPS. She is an accredited WMR Numeracy and 21st Century Pedagogical Coach with many years experience in Primary schools across Melbourne.
Daryl has had many years of expertise in eLearning. Previously a DEECD Project Officer working with 1 to 1 support across the state and a former Ultranet Coach. Daryl is currently ICT Pedagogy Coach at Truganina South Primary School
Tracy is Assistant Principal at Truganina South Primary School. She has had extensive experience in all aspects of the teaching of literacy and as a WMR literacy coach.