"A" Rated - Week Of 1/23/23
Texas "A" Rated Campus!
4 Cs Campus!
National Honor Society School!
VISION: College and Career Ready!
MISSION: Move Forward, Together!
To attain academic success!
To provide social and emotional (SEL) support!
To be College and Career Ready!
Dear Sgt. Jose F. Carrasco ES Parents and Scholars:
Welcome to Sgt. Carrasco all of our new families. Our enrollment has now hit 1,105 and we continue to grow. We hope you enjoy your new HERD house!
Our next FAMILY DAY is at PETER PIPER PIZZA! Join us for FUN, FOOD and MORE January 25th after school. Come one, come all to eat PIZZA and see friends and enjoy our HERD, moving forward together. Our February Family DAY will be at... drum roll please........... Mc Donalds! More details are posted below.
We have hoodies for scholars and adults. Stop by our front office for your favorite one, BLUE or RED. We also have hoodies for Pre K 3 (purple) and Pre K 4 (gold).
Attached is a calendar of events. Please review.
INTERIM ASSESSMENTS are upon us in February. Please review the calendar below. This is a state-administered assessment to support instructional goals in the classroom.
Visit our website often at www.sisd.net/sgtjosefcarrascoes.
Follow us on TWITTER!
We are proud to work with amazing educators, wonderful parents, and outstanding scholars.
Enjoy Your Week!
SNAPOLOGY SCHEDULE FOR 2023
A MESSAGE FROM YOUR LEADERSHIP TEAM!
1. The calendar of events is attached below.
2. Thank you for your continued support and flexibility with arrivals and dismissals. We have over 1,100 scholars to dismiss. Our traffic team is outside daily to guide traffic. Thank you for following their every direction, all in an attempt to keep our school safe and moving forward.
3. Thank you for continuing to support the school's dress code, daily.
-Monday through Wednesday - Polos/ Buffalo T-shirt and khaki/black/navy blue bottoms.
-Thursday - College top and khaki/black/navy blue bottoms (or regular uniform if preferred)
-Friday - Free Dress (only if perfect attendance Friday through Thursday)
NOTE: Pre K 3 tops - purple and Pre K 4 tops - gold
NOTE: Phones must be powered off and in backpacks. This includes any device that has a phone (wrist watch, ring, necklace, other).
NOTE: Teachers will provide guidance to scholar's parents who are not meeting the dress code. If you are encountering a problem with acquiring the proper tops and bottoms, please let us know so we can help you. The dress code is mandatory.
4. Our 100th day of school is upon us. To celebrate, please follow dress-up day calendar posted below.
5. VSP sports after school TRACK meeting was held last week. If you were not able to attend and wish to have your scholar join one of the teams, please review the flyer posted below, which has an email address to contact our coordinator.
6. MATH BEE t-shirts are for sale. Please see attachments below.
7. JOIN THE BOY SCOUTS! Information is posted below.
8. Military spouses, a meeting is scheduled at Pebble Hills High School. Please see below.
9. The SOUTH lot is also available for drop off each morning. Please consider using this lot off of Tim Floyd in back of our school. This will help to balance traffic at our WEST lot. Please remember that our WEST lot is for teacher parking and not for parking for pick up.
10. Attendance is important. Thank you for emailing our JCE Attendance team when your scholar will be out. Please remember that scholars who are out 5 days or more are required to submit a doctor's note after the 5th day. At 18 days absent (excused or not) the state of Texas stipulates that scholars lose credit for the entire school year and when scholars accrue to many unexcused absences, an attendance court referral can be created. Thank you for monitoring attendance.
Please review and contact our offices with questions.
Patricia S. Carrillo M.ED
SGT Jose Carrasco Elementary
- 7:00 AM - school opens, scholars may enter the building
- 7:15 AM - Arrive to school to ensure you are on time.
- 7:30 AM - Breakfast begins.
- 7:42 AM - Drop off loops close - park and walk scholars to our front entrance.
- 7:45 AM - Doors around the building close daily for safety.
- 7:45 AM - Instruction begins, TARDY BELL, scholars must be in class in their seats or be counted tardy
- 10:00 AM - Attendance bell rings. Scholars must be in their seats or be counted absent for the school day.
- 2:45 PM - (Dismissal begins at 2:30 pm because we are a HUB) Pre K 3 PM session, Pre K 4 and Kinder dismiss. Parents in line for the 3:15 pm dismissal while we are dismissing Pre K and Kinder will at times be asked to circle around so that we can move traffic forward. Parking in our neighborhoods and in our EAST lot can be accessed for walk-ups.
- 3:15 PM - 1st through 5th grades.
Sgt. Jose F. Carrasco ES
is once again a designated Purple STAR Campus!
The Purple Star Campus Designation recognizes Texas district and charter schools that show their support and commitment to meeting the unique needs of military-connected students and their families. This special honor was created by the 86th Texas Legislature through SB 1557 and further described in agency rule (19 TAC, § 61.1063), effective April 9, 2020.
Jesse A. Sepulveda
Location: 14900 Tierra Mirage, El Paso, TX, USA
Phone: (915) 938-2401
I am the PROUD school principal of Sgt. Jose F. Carrasco ES in El Paso, Texas.