Volume 1, Issue 6 May 2016
Monday, May 16th at 3:30PM-Delaware Valley University Information Session @CIU20
If you are interested in a earning a Masters in Special Education or Educational Leadership and/or a Principal, Supervisor of Curriculum and Instruction, or Supervisor of Special Education PDE Certifications, please rsvp to Kathy Emeigh at email@example.com or Vic Lesky at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Friday, May 20th-EOY Benchmark Due Date
Monday, May 23rd-Title I/Act 89 Parent Engagement Night
Tuesday, May 24th-NPSS Staff Meeting with Teachers
Thursday, May 26th-NPSS Staff Meeting with Counselors
Wednesday, June 8th-Title I Coordinators' Meeting
Wednesday, June 15th-Literacy Symposium at Desales University
Thursday, June 16th-Aims Web Training for Math Committee (tentative)
Tuesday, July 19th-Gifted Seminar at Carbon-Lehigh IU21
THINGS TO REMEMBER
- HELP NEEDED! Please encourage your Title I/Act 89 families to attend the Parent Engagement Night on May 23rd from 5:30-7:30 PM at the IU. Please complete the Parent Involvement Night Google sheet that Paige shared with everyone so that we can keep track of how many families are attending and so that we can plan accordingly.
- Below is a link to a New Special Report from Education Week on Improving Opportunities for English-Language Learners. Although it discusses ELL students in public schools, it is my understanding based on feedback from teachers in our department that we are seeing an increase in our non-public schools as well. Thank you to Michelle B. for sharing.
- If you have your Form A post-assessment completed, please email it to Todd ASAP. At your EOY meeting, please be prepared to discuss components where you scored yourself "Distinguished" on the post-assessment section. Feel free to share evidence/examples as well.
- If applicable, please be prepared to share your SLO data at your end-of-year final evaluation meeting. We will use this data to score the success of your SLO.
- The Literacy Symposium will be an approved flex day for the 2016-2017 school year for Act 89 staff. Please come and participate on June 15th!
FROM THE TECHNOLOGY COMMITTEE
FROM THE READING COMMITTEE
- EOY Benchmarking for DIBELS Next
- Kathleen Dariano ordered the following materials from the 95 Percent Group for each teacher at each site :Phonics Chip Kit Basic, the Phonics Chip Kit Advanced, the Phonics Chip Kit Multisyllable, and the Multisyllable Cards. The company will provide us with a one hour webinar in the Fall.
FROM THE MATH COMMITTEE
- EOY Benchmarking for Aims Web