May 6, 2019
Staff Appreciation Week May 6-10
- Monday-BBQ lunch
- Tuesday-Stock the break room w/sweet treats
- Wednesday-Trail-mix bar for teachers & staff
- Thursday-Fun, summer gift for all full-time staff
- Friday-Thank you notes for teachers & staff
Nurse appreciation is scheduled for May 8th!
Girls on the Run Art Supply Drive for Children's Mercy
- Adult coloring books
- Crossword, word search, Sudoku, and Mad Libs books
- Artist pencils, colored pencils, and sketchbooks
- Canvases and cavas panels
- Model Magic
- Character stickers (Marvel, Disney, Star Wars, Trolls, Princesses, etc.)
Current 6th Grade families
6th grade parents – it’s almost time! Our ‘little ones’ have become ‘big ones’ and will be off soon to Trailridge! To finish up the year we have a plethora of events that we need you help with!
Please go to the following sign-up and help us to the finish line:https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60B0E4CA4AC22A75-6thgrade2
Our 5th grade fundraising dollars went a long ways but don’t quite cover a few of the odds and ends. You can sign up to donate some or volunteer your time instead! If everyone gives a little, our kids will get a lot!
In a week we will be sending home poster board for your kids to make their own Ray Marsh Memory poster.
Instructions for your kiddo:
- Bring poster home.
- Put your name on it – write it BIG.
- Decorate your poster with memories of your time at Ray Marsh… friends you’ve made, activities you have participated in, etc.
- Bring poster back to school and deliver to your teacher by Monday, May 20th.
Time Capsule Letters:
Your children are each writing letter to themselves as a senior in high school. Right before the graduate they will get their letters back to read and enjoy. We would also like parents and/or grandparents to participate!
Instructions for your letter to your student:
- Write a letter to the person you envision your student will become. Give advice, mention memories, make predictions – whatever you want!
- Put your letter in a standard 9” wide x 3” tall envelope. On the front write “To” with your student’s first and last name. Then write “From” with your first and last name.
- Bring to 6th Grade Recognition or deliver to Kara Boshart at 13705 W. 51st St by the end of May.
Let me know if you have questions! Thank you in advance for helping to make this 6th grade year a great one!
Upcoming Events at RM
- Chipotle Family Day 4-8p
- Band/Strings/Choir recruitment concert at RM 2p
- 6th Grade Olympic Festival at Trailridge MS
- 4th Smith field trip to Lanesfield
- Field Day-See Flyer for information
- 4th Brillhart field trip to Lanesfield
- Kindergarten Field Trip to Coterie Theater
- SMNW Graduation 7p
- 3rd field trip to Union Station
- 1st field trip to Coterie Theater
- 4th Roberts field trip to Lanesfield
- 6th Science Enrichment-Pig Lung and Hearth
- 6th grade Picnic at Herman Laird Park 9:45-2:45
- 6th grade bowling
- 6th grade promotion 7p in RM gym
- LAST DAY SCHOOL- Early dismissal 12:30p