- Benjamin Géza Affleck-Boldt was born on August 15, 1972 in Berkeley, California, however; he was raised in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- His mother, Chris Anne, is a school teacher and his father, Timothy Byers Affleck, is a social worker; the two are now divorced.
- Ben has a younger brother, actor Casey Affleck who was born in 1975.
- Ben wanted to be an actor ever since he could remember and his first acting experience was for a Burger King commercial, when he was on the PBS mini-series, The Voyage of the Mimi. Also at this age Ben met his lifelong friend and fellow actor, Matt Damon.
- Ben Married Jennifer Garner in 2005. They had two daughters and a son together,
- The two separated in June 2015.
Director, Actor & Screenwriter
- Affleck started in the acting business well before a career in directing films.
Ben began his acting career as a child, starring in the PBS educational series The Voyage of the Mimi.
Affleck briefly attended the University of Vermont and California's Occidental College, but left to pursue his dreams of acting in Hollywood. His first major film was School Ties, which also featured Damon and Brendan Fraser.
In the fall of 2002, Affleck moved to the small screen when he co-produced the ABC mystery series Push, Nevada.
Affleck's "breakthrough film" would have to be Argo. This is the film that put a big spotlight on Ben. He even received a Golden Globe Award for best director from this film.
2010 The Town
2017 Live by Night
- Frequently plays arrogant and ruthless characters.
- Opens his films with narration or title cards.
- Often works with brother Casey Affleck and friend Matt Damon.
- His films often feature corrupt but well meaning law enforcement figures.
- His films often focus on characters caught in situations out of their depth.
- Frequently sets his films in his hometown of Boston.
- Often casts Titus Welliver and Victor Garber.