Return to FULL In- Person Instruction
...And We're Off!!!
We hope that everyone has had a chance to relax, enjoy family and most importantly remained safe and healthy. The Richmond Heights Local School District has been working hard to prepare for our students and engage in FULL In-Person instruction. We will not be offering the option for families to remain home and Zoom into classrooms this school year. If your family makes the decision to remain home, they will have to engage in our Richmond 2.0 Spartan Academy that is facilitated by our Educational Service Center (ESC) and not Richmond Heights teachers. Those families that have indicated this as their option on our survey administered at the end of last school year will receive a call from a district representative within the next few weeks.
There are quite a few changes, from full in person instruction to a change in start date for students, and we want to make sure you remain abreast. Please review all of the information below and reach out to the any district office should you have any follow- up questions.
Spartan Nation, Spartan Pride
District Calendar Updates
- On Monday, July 26th, the Richmond Heights Board of Education approved the delayed start for students this school year as teachers prepare for full in person instruction. School were to begin August 17th but will start a week later on August 23rd for ALL students.
- Kindergarten Screening will take place on August 19th and 20th as previously scheduled.
- There will be NO SCHOOL for students on November 2nd (Election Day) as the New Upper School has been designated as a polling location for the city. Instead, this will be an asynchronous learning day where students will be expected to log onto Google Classroom to complete thier assignments.
Following the guidance of the local, state and federal health officials, the District will mandate mask wearing for all staff, students and visitors. This policy will remain in effect until the end of the 1st quarter of school in which the Board of Education will re-evaluate its implementation.
- For students without masks, staff will provide one. Masks will be mandatory in all buildings and on district transportation.
- Staff will be positioned throughout the day to ensure mask compliance
- Back to School Extravaganza- August 12th (Students will receive their class schedules, transportation information and much more).
- First Day for Teachers- August 12th
- Kindergarten Screening- August 19th & 20th
- First Day for Students- August 23rd
Bell Schedule Update
The Board of Education has approved a new bell schedule for the New Upper School. It is as follows:
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
School will begin at 7:45 and end at 2:45
School will begin at 7:45 and end at 1:30
The changes is the bell schedule reflect a delayed start to each day of 15 minutes and an extension of 15 minutes to the end of the day. Also, Wednesday's will remain early release for teaming allowing teachers to reflect on student data and lesson planning outcomes to address achievement districtwide. The elementary schools early release remains at 2pm.