Jr. Scout's & Little's Times
The Tot Spot Early Education Academy
Ms. Alisha's Email: email@example.com
Ms. Katie's Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Le Andra's Email: email@example.com
Ms. Kelsey's Email: Kelsey@ilovethetotspot.com
Teacher's Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on Instagram: thetotspotschool
We also now have a Youtube Channel: The Tot Spot Early Learning Academy and Pinterest: The Tot Spot Early Education Academy...be sure and follow us!!
Special Events and Birthdays!!
Welcome: Let's welcome
December 7th - BooBoo
December 9th - Ms. Alex
December 17th - Harrison
December 21st - Jack
December 6th - Ornaments with Grandparents
CLOSED December 24th-26th - For Christmas
CLOSED December 31st - NYE
CLOSED - January 1st - New Years Day
PTO and Vacations
Who do you contact concerning vacation credit? Please email Mr. Mike at email@example.com
In the Classroom!
We're reached capacity so we're splitting our classroom again. If you're an older kiddo you will recall this from when your little one was just entering the one's room. As of now the classroom will be splitting after breakfast typically on Tuesday and Thursday.
- Remind Me App: It's a free app that we're using to for simple reminders like show and share, friend of the week, physical due dates, etc. Our class code is 26kh9g
Fav books for the month:
Table Time: During Table Time we are learning how to demonstrate a strong sense of counting 1-10 in English and Spanish. We would also like to Exhibit the ability to identify shapes.
Sensory, Art, Science:
We will be exploring the sensory bin over the different weeks to come. Allowing it to match our Zoo Phonic friend of the week. In our sensory bin we would like for the children to demonstrate awareness of physical properties. For Art we will create art with different types of textures with paint, markers, and crayons. Working on our fine-motor skills and developing ones self. Finally, for science I would like to add more experiences with cause and effect. While working on science we would like the children to demonstrate scientific curiosity.
Did you know we have math during ever meal? We spend this time working on counting, color recognition, shapes, and vocab. We also have math when we are singing our songs like "5 Little Monkeys, Ducks, or Zoo Phonics Animal" of the week.
This month we are trying to "pretend" eating and "pretend" cooking. While also trying on trying on our dramatic play outfits. These skills will help us creative expression through dramatic play.
We're continuing to practice and learn how to use our manners, say please, thank you, and sorry. We are also working on using words to express to our feelings. We are also working on self-help skills like washing our hands, tidying up, and putting on our clothes by our self.
Gross Motor/Music & Movement: We're going to try to spend some time outside this Winter (weather permitted of course.) We are going to be balancing on one foot and jumping up and down with both feet of the ground, and kicking balls. For music and movement we are going to be having dance parties along with expressive dance.
Needing some new Halloween books? Scholastic is the place for you!! Thank you, to all that have been participating! <3 Our code is HQ686. Scholastic will be sent out October 8th and due back October 17th.
The Book Nook
The Parent's Spotlight
- Thank you for all the random things you all have been donating to the center; milk jugs, toilet paper rolls, art supplies, balls, toys, and so on. You guys are AWESOME!!
Thank you for turning in your physicals on time. It's very much appreciated!
Remember there is a suggestion box in the lobby, and we love to hear about ideas to enhance the learning environment for your children.
Bringing in donations of items anytime we ask...you guys rock!!
Thank you, to the parents who brought in plastic bags! You ROCK!
Thank you for your patience with our room/kiddo/teacher changes that came with the new school year. It's going to be an awesome year!
Would you like to donate?
We could use:
- Shoes and socks (all sizes) for back ups for when kiddos have accidents
- Egg Cartons
- Squishy/Stress balls
- Is there ever a time when you say to yourself, " I wonder if The Tot Spot would want this"? We could use it in so many ways. You may have babies, but the whole school is yours. Everything can turn into a sensory activity or learning experience. So, before you throw out your junk, ask your teacher if it could be used
The Teacher's Spotlight
If you could do one day over again, what day would it be?
- Ms. Alex: April 25th, 2014 - The day before my father passed away
- Ms. Helen:The day when my big/little girl was born. Sorry, I have to pick two days since it was such an incredible feeling when they were born. I will never forget that feeling; it seems like only yesterday.
- Ms. Lindsey: My wedding day
- Ms. Kit: Probably one of the days I was in the Netherlands as a student ambassador and we went to the Anne Frank house in Amsterdam
- Ms. Kay:Church camp days, any of them
- Ms. Katie: Dylans 1st birthday
- Ms. Kasche: I would relive the drake vs lil Wayne concert. That was the best day ever.
- Ms. Ayasha: The day my son was born
- Ms. Kelsey: My last day with my Grandpa
- Ms. Caylin: I would pick my 11th birthday because I got grounded that day
- Ms. Le Andra: The last day I had with my Grandma
- Ms. Alisha: Any day that involved roller coasters or hiking. Even I day of hiking in our neighborhood woods with TTS or the fam
- Mr. Mike: 06/24/2000 aka my wedding day!