Salford Hills Link
Staying Connected During the Mandatory Closure
June 3, 2020
Art Distribution Postponed to Thursday, June 4
It seems as though the weather is not cooperating with us! Because of anticipated thunderstorms and heavy rain Wednesday evening, the Art Distribution has been postponed to Thursday, June 4. Please see the message below:
On Thursday. June 4 from 5-7 PM families of 2nd grade and 4th grade students in addition to those students who participated in the Artshow have an opportunity to pick up artwork in a drive through fashion similar to Exchange Day.
- Every 2nd grade student has a ceramic fish sculpture.
- Every 4th grade student has a coil pot with their weaving inside.
- Rooms 13 and 14 students have bird projects
- Mrs. Leinbach also has all the art show pieces back and ready for pick up.
Who was in the art show? A slideshow of the artwork is posted on Mrs. Leinbach’s Art page in Schoology.
In addition, if you were unable to pickup belongings at Exchange Day, we also have those bags.
- Arrive at front entrance and pass the flagpole
- Move to the back of the building near the CROPS Garden
- Car Line begins at Student Dropoff/Pickup
- Stop at Circle Lobby Entrance to receive your materials
- Exit around the island and through the parking lot to the Stop sign.
Thanks for valuing your child's work so sincerely.
As always, I welcome any questions, concerns, or comments that you may have. I am happy to assist.
Dave Purnell, Ed.D.
Principal, Salford Hills
Assignments Continue in Schoology Folders
As we finish our the year together, Weeks 12 & 13 are combined.
- Any Make-ups
- Teachers still hold office hours as advertised
- Some teachers cotinue to hold Classroom Connections
June 4-9 - Specials Area Theme of the Day
- Thursday, June 4 - Art Day!
- Friday, June 5 - Library Day!
- Monday, June 8 - Music Day!
- Tuesday, June 9 - PE Day!
June 1-June 10
- Humphrey - Look for a new chapter each day e-mailed to all families.
- Mrs. Connery's Humphrey Poll of the Day
- Continue working on Math Skills in First in Math
- Grow your digital reading through RAZ Kids
- Explore and practice Math, Reading, Science, and Social Studies through IXL
- Enjoy your world through Virtual Field Trips; Zoo & Aquarium Animal Web Cams, Places, Museums, National Parks, Science & Innovation
- Dr. Purnell's Student Address every morning - Tune In!
School Ends on Wednesday, June 10
Progress Summaries delivered through Wednesday, June 10
Summer Reading List and Log
Home and School News
THERE'S STILL TIME: Supporting Our Schools and Community With the IVEF
*Online store sale EXTENDED through Friday, June 5th.
*Teacher and staff appreciation donations should be completed by Friday, June 5th.
On behalf of the Indian Valley Education Foundation (IVEF) Board of Directors, we send our well wishes. We have seen this community at its best on so many levels over the past several weeks. Those who have been able to help are doing so in incredible ways, and those who need help are able to find it through many of the resources available across the area.
The IVEF is working in partnership with many local organizations who are providing food and other necessities by maintaining a newsletter, updated regularly with the most current resources available.
Additionally, we have worked in partnership with SASD to provide technology to students to allow for online learning and will be starting a district wide reading initiative for all families with students in kindergarten through 5th grade. More information will be forthcoming this week. These are only a few examples of the way the IVEF is working to support our schools and school community.
We are aware of what a difficult time this is for many of our SASD families and want you to be assured that we remain committed to our partnership with the Souderton Area School District and providing resources and opportunities to the students and teachers. If you are in a position to support our work at this time, we have two opportunities for you to do so right now. Please see the opportunities to help IVEF support SASD.
Fifth Grade Only: Transition to Indian Valley
Dear 5th Grade Parent/Guardian,
The Indian Valley teachers, staff, and I welcome you and your children in transitioning to Indian Valley Middle School for 2020-2021. This e-mail begins our transition process with many more correspondences to follow. I know that you will have many questions and we are here to help in any capacity. Please review the information below and who to reach out to if needed.
Using a nontraditional format, we are beginning the 5th to 6th grade transition process for the 2020-2021 year. The IV staff have created videos explaining components of the transition for you to view (scheduling, counselor services, our WEB program, and teaming). Please view the videos using the links below. Note that the intro to each video showcases one of our 6th grade teams and the teachers on the team. Our 6th grade teams are Ares, Olympia, Odyssey, Nike, and Marathon.
Elective Course Selection Form for Band, Chorus, and Orchestra Participants
The 5th to 6th grade related arts course selection form is a Google Form that will only be completed by students participating in band, chorus, or orchestra. Students and parents received information from Mr. Ryan Pongras and Mr. Eric Stover. Please refer to their information sent to all 5th grade students and parents currently participating in band, chorus, or orchestra classes. You can also contact Mr. Pongras at firstname.lastname@example.org or Mr. Stover at email@example.com.
Contact with Questions
If you have any questions pertaining to any of the above information, please contact:
- Ms. Jen Toby, counselor for students with last names beginning with the letter A and ending with the letters Lh - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mrs. Kristen Raught, counselor for students with last names beginning with the letters Li and ending with Z - email@example.com
- Dr. Catherine Heller, Assistant Principal and Master Scheduler - firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also contact me with questions.
Jeff Pammer, Ed.D.
Principal, Indian Valley Middle School
REMINDER: Kindergarten Registration for 2020-2021
Souderton Area School District Kindergarten Registration is OPEN for the 2020-2021 school year. Registration can be completed via e-mail or U.S. Mail.
Please see the Kindergarten Registration Web page for more information:
If you have any questions, please contact the Registration Office via e-mail at email@example.com or telephone at 215-723-6061 ext. 10227.
Summer Virtual Learning Opportunities from MCIU
Dear SASD Parent/Guardian,
Montgomery County Intermediate Unit (MCIU) is offering two new summer virtual learning opportunities for students. Whether camp or coursework, personalized opportunities to enrich and explore are available for students in grades K-12. Please see the links below for details:
For more information, please contact the MCIU's Director of Professional Learning, Dr. Donna M. Gaffney, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Food Services: Important End of Year Reminders
As the 2019-2020 school year comes to a close, the Food Service Department would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your continued business over the course of the past year, as well as to provide some helpful tips to make the transition to the new school year as worry-free as possible.
- MySchoolBucks.com: The last day to make a payment on your student’s lunch account for the 2019-2020 school year using www.MySchoolBucks.com is Friday, June 12, 2020. After June 12, 2020, the system will be shut down and not re-activated until Saturday, August 1, 2020.
*To begin using the MySchoolBucks.com Web site, simply log on to www.MySchoolBucks.com. You will need your child’s student ID number and birthdate to set up the account. A credit/debit fee is charged each time money is placed on your child’s account (currently $2.49 per transaction).
MySchoolBucks is available twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. There is no cost to set up and monitor your student’s lunch account.
For existing MySchoolBucks accounts, please be sure to update your child’s grade and individual school name. You may delete the account of a graduated senior.
- Balances Due: If your student has a balance due to the Food Service Department, it should be paid by Wednesday, June 10, 2020. This balance may be paid by mailing a check to:
- Souderton Area School District
760 Lower Road
Souderton, PA 18964
ATTN: Food Service Dept.
or online through www.MySchoolBucks.com
- Souderton Area School District
- Account Funds: Remaining funds on your child’s meal account will automatically roll to the next school year, even if they change schools within the District.
- Senior Accounts: Senior class obligations, including outstanding lunch account balances, must be paid in full prior to graduation. If a senior has a positive balance at the end of the school year, remaining funds will automatically be transferred to the next oldest sibling enrolled in the District. Unused balances will be refunded via check beginning the week of May 18, 2020.
- Meal Benefits: If your student currently receives free or reduced meal benefits, these benefits will remain in effect for the first thirty (30) school days of the 2020-2021 school year. To avoid a lapse in benefits, a new 2020-2021 Free and Reduced Meal Application should be submitted before the first thirty (30) school days ends. The 2020-2021 Free and Reduced Price Meal Application will be available July 2020 on the school district Web site.
Should you have any questions or need additional assistance, please feel free to contact Jane L. Natali, Director of Food Services at email@example.com.
Salford Hills Elementary School
Fundamentally committed to each other, we at Salford Hills are a caring community of learners who value each individual’s intrinsic worth and potential.
In our supportive environment, learners are encouraged to achieve high standards by developing responsibility for their learning through authentic experiences that require hard work, critical thinking and reflection.
Learning is a process that positively impacts the future.