What's Happening ?? !!
~ The Hawley School Newsletter: May 19, 2018 ~
From the Desk of Mr. Moretti
Dear Hawley Parents/Guardians,
WOW! I hope that you all weathered the storm and are safe. My thoughts and prayers continue to be with those without power or that suffered damage. I am looking forward to returning to a "normal" schedule and seeing Hawley smiling faces.
Here's What's Happening at Hawley.......
- Wed, 5/23 is our K-2 Reading Camp Out, 6:00-7:00 PM in the gym. We hope you will be able to join us for this Fun Family Event supporting Literacy.
- Hawley School walked our field to raise money for Special Olympics and support the work of the Newtown Police Department in the Torch Run. We raised $1,000 for the cause. I am also excited to share that the Collin George Whitmore Foundation matched our donation. Thank you to everyone for their generosity.
- Former Hawley students now at Reed Intermediate School returned to meet with our 4th graders. They shared thoughts of Reed as well as transition suggestions. There was also a Q & A session. Always a valuable experience.
- Our 4th graders will be visiting Reed on Wednesday to get a lay of the land- Watch Out!
- Tuesday, 5/29, will be Kindergarten Orientation for those sending us youngsters in the fall. It is 5:30-6:30 PM. Students will visit the K classrooms while parents meet with me in the gym.
- The Hawley Art Show was a tremendous success. The students were so proud of their work. Thank you to Mrs. Hossler and Mrs. Perigini for all their efforts and to all of those families that were able to attend.
Special Olympics Torch Run: Hawley Walk Fundraiser
Hawley Art Show
Reed Students Visit & 4th Grade Photo Shoot
4th Grade Celebration
- New Date: Wednesday, June 13th (rain date: Thursday, June 14th)
- Photos Needed!!! - Jeni Walker will be collecting digital photos for the End of Year 4th Grade Celebration to be used in the Yearbook and Slideshow. Please e-mail photos of your child and friends AT HAWLEY SCHOOL ACTIVITIES to hawleyCT2018@gmail.com. Subject of e-mail should be your child’s full name. Within the e-mail label each picture with the names of the other children from Hawley and the year it was taken.