Troop E226 Weekly Update
Week of March 27-31
Important Dates and Times...
4/03-4/07- Spring Break
4/31- 3rd Grade Performance at 10:00 in PAC
Monday: Music (10:00-10:40)
Tuesday: P.E. (10:00-10:40)
Thursday: Music (10:00-10:40)
Friday: P.E. (10:00-10:40)
This Week in the Classroom
- Innovation Lab: Students are working on different hands-on technology programs such as- robotics, coding programs (Tynker, Bitsbox, Sphero), typing practice and Makey-Makey. The students are rotating through to get the opportunity to work on each 1-2 times during our innovation block.
- Language Arts- his week, we will continue our Climate and Weather unit. We will be focusing on main idea and key details. Your child can access their Benchmark Booklet and reading passages from their Cloud. Ask your child to share with you what they are learning about severe weather.
- Math -This week in math, students will learn to tell and write time to the nearest minute and measure time intervals in minutes. We will be solving word problems involving addition and subtraction and representing the time intervals on a number line.
- Writing - Students will be starting a research project where they will be studying a type of storm and gathering information on their topic that they will later use to write an informative paper.
- 7 Habits-Habit 4: Think Win-Win-I think about what others want and not just what I want. I am kind to others and try to think about how others feel.