Buffalo Family Bulletin
Connect with Us
- School website: http://blackshear.kleinisd.net/
- Follow us on Twitter: @BlackshearKISD
- Follow our school hashtag on Twitter: #HaveUHerdKISD - By the way, it has been so neat to see our parents and community begin using our hashtag as well!
- Follow us on Facebook
- View a full catalog of our online flyers on the Blackshear Peachjar page
- Have you ever wondered about our school procedures? Click here for a parent reference guide.
- Inclement Weather Dismissal Procedures
News and Reminders
- Carpool Reminders: Please help keep our students safe (and obey the law) by not using your cell phone while driving in the car rider line! Also please keep your car numbers visible until your child is in the car; multiple staff members throughout the line rely on seeing your number. Also, please stay in your assigned lane.
- Speaking of afternoon pickup, thank you so much for your help in keeping our bus loading zone clear for our buses! It is very helpful when all parents go through the appropriate line.
- For those needing extended day care, find out more about Campus Kids HERE. Dismissal is at 3:25 p.m. and our front office clerical staff members leave for the afternoon at 4:00 p.m.
- 2019 Book Character Parade - The linked flyer is coming home soon! Please be sure to return the permission slip on the bottom to your child's teacher.
- Make sure to order your child's Field Day 2019 shirt via SchoolCash Online! It is on November 19 (PK) and 22 (all other grades) this year; more information to follow.
- Red Ribbon Week is also coming up!
- Make sure to dress your student up for the 50th Day of School!
- Science Night is coming up on November 7th and should be another GREAT time, just like last year!
- Back by popular request, Nurtured Heart Parent Nights are back and will be much more comprehensive! These evenings will count for Parent University credit! Dates are 10/1, 10/8, 10/15, and 10/22.
- Parent Volunteers: Klein ISD has transitioned to a new electronic volunteer system which requires annual background checks. Please visit this website for more information and to re-submit your background check for the 2019-2020 school year.
- Absences: Please send a note (doctor or parent) within 5 days of your student returning to school. Notes may be turned in to the teacher or office, emailed to the teacher or office staff, or submitted through Skyward Family Access.
- Peach Jar: Please make sure that you are receiving electronic flyers, as that is our primary source of communication again this year. If you are not currently receiving them, visit their website and sign up manually. You can also opt out of certain types of flyers to lesson the number coming to your inbox. We suggest you at least accept school and PTO flyers so that you don't miss any important news.
Please check school website for additional dates, as they are subject to change
- October 1: Nurtured Heart Parent/Guardian Night #1 (6:00-7:30 p.m. in the cafeteria)
- October 7-11: Book Fair
- October 8: Book Fair family night 3:30-6:30 p.m.)
- October 8: Nurtured Heart Parent/Guardian Night #2 (6:00-7:30 p.m. in the cafeteria)
- October 11: Student holiday (professional development)
- October 14: School holiday (Columbus Day)
- October 15: Nurtured Heart Parent/Guardian Night #3 (6:00-7:30 p.m. in the cafeteria)
- October 16: School Picture Day
- October 16: Spring Creek BBQ Spirit Night (5-9 p.m.)
- October 18: Report Card day
- October 19: Community Workout (by The Workout Barre) 8:30-9:15 a.m. in the gym
- October 22: Big Kahuna Delivery (3:30-6:00 p.m. in the gym)
- October 25: Storybook Character Parade 9-10 a.m.
- October 25: PTO Trunk or Treat (6:30-8:30 p.m.)
- October 30: 50th Day of School (Dress up like the 50's)
A friendly welcome back for the first day of school
4th grade batik projects in art class
3rd graders storytelling before beginning their seed stories