Look at that HOT water!
An investigation in proving a gas law
1. Safety Goggles - to protect the lab experimenter's eyes
2. Apron - to be protected from splashing hot water
3. Gloves - Just incase hands touch hot water
3. 3 Zip-Loc Bags
4. 1500 Milliliters of Water (1.5 Liters)
5. Paper & Pencil or iPad or Computer
7. 3 Beakers to separate the water
8. large bowl for all the water at the beginning of the experiment
9. Glass Thermometor
10. Glass Rod
2. Pour 500 milliliters of water into a beaker
3. Pour the beaker, with the exact measurements into the pot of water
4. Put the pot of water on a hot plate with the thermometer in the pot.
5. Put ziploc baggie number 1 into the pot. Turn the hot plate on to the highest setting and time how long it takes for the ziploc bag to inflate.
6. When the baggie has inflated to full capacity, stop the timer and record the times.
7. Wait for 2 minutes for the water to cool some, then with the glove and glass rod pull the baggie out of the pot.
8. Repeat steps 2 through 7 with baggies labeled numbers 2 and 3.