I Have Lived A Thousand Years
Growing Up In The Holocaust
when did this story take place
It took place in 1938-1945
Facts about the holocaust
- The holocaust was the systematic, bureaucratic, state-sponsored persecution and murder of six million Jews by the Nazi regime and its collaborators.
- During the holocaust, the creation of ghettos was a key step in the Nazi process of separating, persecuting, and ultimately destroying Europe's Jews
- The Nazi regime targeted all Jews, both men and women, for persecution and eventually death
- At least 1.1 million Jewish children were murdered during the Holocaust.
holocaust Id cards
- Frida Adler
- Gisella Renate Berg
aftermath of the holocaust
- Many Jewish survivors feared to return to their former homes because of the antisemitism (hatred of Jews) that persisted in parts of Europe and the trauma they had suffered.
- With few possibilities for emigration, tens of thousands of homeless Holocaust survivors migrated westward to other European territories liberated by the western Allies.