September 6, 2018
Roosevelt Weekly Parent Info
HAPPY FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!!! Here's hoping that everyone had a GREAT first day.
A few reminders for the week:
• Roosevelt Walk-A-Thon: Information about this will be coming home next Friday, September 14. All students are being asked to try and collect $75 in pledges from family and friends. We will again have an online donation option, and it appears to be much, much easier than last year. The PTO thanks you for your support. They are looking for a few more volunteers for the walk, which will be held October 5. If you are able to volunteer, please contact Kelsey Bellig at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The September PTO meeting will be held at 5:30 on Tuesday, September 11 in the Roosevelt Media Center. Please come and be a part of this fun, awesome group. We laugh, lots. Really. And we won't rope you into anything you don't want to do. Really. Child watch is provided during this time, and we try to keep the meeting to one hour or less.
• YOU ROCK: Do you or your child have a story about a Roosevelt staff member and how much they rock?? If so, email the story to me (email@example.com). I want to be able to share that story with others at our monthly staff meetings. Your help with this is very, very appreciated!
• Mankato West High School is happy to have elementary students at Scarlet sporting events this school year. In an effort to improve supervision and safety at these events, we would like to partner with parents by sharing our expectations for Scarlet fans in grades K – 5. Elementary students must be accompanied by a responsible adult who will supervise the student throughout the event. We appreciate your help in this matter and look forward to seeing you at West athletic events.
• Please register to attend Mankato Area Public Schools' Family Academy on September 24, 2018 held at Lincoln Community Center. Family Academy workshops give families tips, tools and strategies to help their children succeed in school. Food and childcare will be provided. Click here for current session descriptions. Register online or call 507-387-5501 with questions or for assistance.
See you soon!
We had hundreds of summer bookmarks turned in. Way to go, Raccoons! These students won a FREE ITEM of their choice at the Scholastic Book Fair, to be held during the Open House on September 27.
Welcome Back To School Celebration
It's amazing to see everyone's smiling face as they returned to school. Thank you for sharing your precious children with us every day. Today we welcomed everyone back and celebrated being back together.
Mrs. Rux and Rocky helped to draw our reading winners. Readers are leaders, Raccoons!