The Hardy Herald
January 28, 2018
The Month of Love is Almost Here...
NO SCHOOL ON MONDAY, 1/29 OR TUESDAY, 1/30
Third Grade- The third grade expo will be rescheduled to Tuesday, Feb 13th.
Where and How Should We Grow in our Community?
Isle of Wight County is in the process of revising the IOW Comprehensive Plan. The county will be conducting a series of public meetings to gather input from the community, which will be used to update the current plan. The next public forum will focus on “Where and How Should We Grow?”
Session times for all locations will be 3:30-5:00 PM and 6:30-8:00 PM. Please consider attending one of these sessions to share your thoughts and ideas on the future of Isle of Wight County.
Tuesday, January 30, 2018 – Carrsville Ruritan Club, 5503 Old Carrsville Road, Carrsville, VA 23315
Tuesday, February 6, 2018 – First Gravel Hill Baptist Church, 5230 Old Stage Hwy, Smithfield, VA 23430
Thursday, February 8, 2018 – Smithfield Center, 220 N Church St, Smithfield, VA 23430
Tuesday, February 13, 2018 – Sentara St. Luke’s Medical Center Conference Room, 20209 Sentara Way Carrollton, VA 23314
Checkout Our First Grade Animal Explorers
Our first-grade Mustangs have become endangered animal experts. You are invited to attend first grade’s Deeper Learning Expo on Thursday, Feb. 1 at 6:00 pm in the Hardy Elementary gym. Come find out from the experts how you can help animals on the endangered animal list. You will be amazed at what they have learned! Don’t forget to bring cash to make a donation to help save animals.
- The next SEAC (Special Education Advisory Committee) meeting is scheduled for February 7th at 6:30 at the parent resource center at Windsor Elementary School.
- We are looking for volunteers to read to our kindergarten and first grade students. If you are interested in volunteering and reading with our students, please contact Linda Henk @ email@example.com
- Reading every day is very important for your child’s continued growth. Children that read for at least 1 hour a day will grow more than 2 years during the school year. Please encourage your child to read for at least 30 minutes (2 steps) a day.
- BREAKFAST/ LUNCH ACCOUNT BALANCE- If you owe money on your child’s lunch account, please remember to pay the balance ASAP. The cost of breakfast is $1.20 and lunch is $2.45. Reduced lunch prices are FREE for breakfast and $. 40 for lunch. If you have not submitted the lunch form to receive free/reduced lunch, please submit the form ASAP. Once the form is submitted, free/reduced lunch should take less than a week to process. If you are having difficulty with paying for lunch, please see Mrs. Denson. You may upload money onto your child’s account at www.lunchprepay.com or send in cash or check. The class with the most forms submitted will receive a special treat from the cafeteria.
Hardy Elementary School
ST Math Login
Dates to Remember
- Jan 29 and 30- No school due to teacher's work day and professional development
- Feb. 7- Report Cards Issued
- Feb. 19- All schools closed for President's Day