2019-2020 College Ready Events
SAT, ACT, TSI, Dual Credit
The following dates are SAT Testing Dates.
If you are in need of taking the TSI either for your Texas college entrance requirement, or if you need it to qualify to take a dual credit course, you will have SEVEN opportunities to take the assessment at Sanger High School.
Saturday, September 7
Saturday, October 12
Saturday, November 9
Saturday, December 7
Saturday, February 1
Saturday, March 14
Saturday, April 4
The fee schedule is as follows:
1 section: $10
2 sections: $20
3 sections: $25
See Google Form below to register:
Dual Credit (NCTC)
How to participate in dual credit:
Step Two: Complete the Application https://www.nctc.edu/_documents/dual-credit/student-parent-orientation.pdf
Step Three: Obtain your college ready scores. While TSI scores are preferred, there are a few other options to earn your college ready qualifications. https://www.tsipreview.com/welcome/NCTC
If you need to take the TSI (any or all sections) Sanger High School is a testing site. See dates and fee schedule above.
Step Four: Submit your documents
- High school/college transcripts and test scores are required prior to registration.
- Meningitis immunization will be required if attending face to face course/s at an NCTC campus.
- Check with your school designee on how documents will be submitted. BE AWARE OF YOUR HIGH SCHOOL DEADLINES
Step Five: Register for your classes
- Students may only register for approved courses by their high school counselors.
- Meet with your counselor or dual credit designee to complete the Student Registration From.
- There are two options for registering:
- Onsite at your high school. Check with your high school counselor for NCTC Dual Credit Registration Day.
- Meet with an NCTC Dual Credit Coordinator at an NCTC campus.
- Registering for unapproved courses may result in forfeiture of ALL courses. If you miss your school deadline, you must make an appointment with an NCTC Dual Credit Coordinator and bring completed registration form.
Step Six: Pay for your classes
- Unlike high school, college is not free. Students must check their student portal from MyNCTC to determine tuition charges.
- Understand your school’s policy if the ISD pays your tuition.
- Payment can be made by phone (940) 668-4200, in person at any campus Business Office, or online from MyNCTC student services portal. You need your ID and Password to access.
- Apply for NCTC Scholarships.
- NCTC also provides waivers for students participating in the Federal Lunch Program. Check with your counselor to make sure your name is submitted.
- All students who drop or withdraw from a course during any semester will be responsible for paying a portion of the tuition
Step Seven: Purchase your textbooks
- Unlike high school, students are required to buy their own textbook.
- You can rent or purchase used copies but these will sell out early.
- NCTC has bookstores on Flower Mound, Gainesville, and Corinth campuses. You can also purchase books online at bookstore.nctc.edu
- Free reduced lunch students are responsible for purchasing their own textbooks.