Central Update Bulletin - Issue 16
Please plan on having all grades finalized by Friday (if I were you I would try to get them done by Thursday afternoon ;))
Don't forget to input Reading Levels!
Early Release Schedule
Central Spelling Bee: Additional Information Added
Please Conduct Classroom Spelling Bees by December 11. Instructions and Study Word Lists are located on the Central Share drive >2015-2016>Spelling Bee folder
- Select Top Three Places: 1st, 2nd, and 3rd
- E-mail winner’s names to Diane Fulcher noting homeroom teacher and the winner for each place / rank. firstname.lastname@example.org
Wednesday, December 16, 2015: Grade Level Spelling Bees for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd will be held at 8:30 a.m. in the library.
- Send ONLY the winners from each homeroom. When homeroom winners are NOT spelling, they will serve as the audience for the contestants who compete by grade level.
- We will also conduct a Spanish Bee after the English one for 3rd, 4th, and 5th students who are representing their classes in which we will determine the three students who will represent Central at the District Spanish Spelling Bee.
Thursday, December 17, 2015: School Champion Spelling Bee (winner competes at district level in January) - 4th and 5th grades only.
- 4th and 5th grade HOMEROOM WINNERS report to the Music Room at 8:15 a.m.
- All 4th and 5th grade STUDENTS report to the Music Room at 8:20 to serve as the audience. (Specials teachers, please help monitor as long as you are able. Also, time could run past the 4 / 5 activity window with early release schedule that day..)
Twitter Challenge of the Week
This Weeks Challenge:
Tweet a thought about something you are doing to bring Joy to your students or something they have done to bring Joy to you. Use the #CentralJOY tag Me.
There will be a drawing for a prize for anyone who completes this Twitter challenge.
Last Weeks Winner: Olga Rodriguez (The Only person to use the hashtag and tag me)!!! See Mr. Atchison for you Starbucks gift card!!!
Focus Point: Joy!
Spotlight On!!! Everyone Who Came Out
Week at a Glance
Monday, December 14th
- 4th Grade to Dallas World Aquarium
- Science Fair Begins
Tuesday, December 15th
- K and 1 Guided Reading Training @ Library 3:15-4:15
- 3rd Grade Choir Performance (Half your team should attend)
- Picture Retakes
Wednesday, December 16th
- Student Activity Fund Jeans Day
- 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Grade Spelling Bee @ 8:30 in Library
Thursday, December 17th
- Early Release 11:40
- Spelling Bee 4th and 5th Grade @ 8:20 in Music Room
Friday, December 18th
- End of the 2nd 9 Weeks (Grades due before you leave for break)
- Early Release 11:40
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens released in theaters everywhere :)
Future Dates To Remember:
December 19th to January 3rd ---Winter Break---
Monday, January 4th
- Teacher Workday
- New Teacher Academy @ 2:00 Conference Room
Wednesday, January 6th
- Staff Meeting @ 3:15 in the Library