2018-2019 Parent Newsletter
August 24, 2018 - Issue #2
- Mrs. Cook - Kindergarten
- Ms. De Silva - Kindergarten
- Mrs. Rowin - Kindergarten
- Mrs. Williams - 1st Grade
- Mrs. Arredondo - 1st Grade
- Ms. Adkins - 1st Grade
- Ms. Bingham - 2nd Grade
- Mrs. Outlaw - 2nd Grade
- Mrs. Hernandez - 3rd Grade
If our campus earns at least 3,000 Golden Tickets on or before October 19th, we will have a dance party in the gym! Our current campus total is 550.
Grade Level Totals:
1st Grade: 150
2nd Grade: 100
3rd Grade: 50
Official School Day is 7:45-3:03. Tardy Bell rings at 7:45 am.
LVES Office Hours
LVES Weekly is Going Green!
Parent Portal IDs
If you have any questions, please contact our registrar, Veronica Fidencio, at email@example.com.
Parent Information Night- August 29th
Stop by the cafeteria at 5:45 for a hot dog and Meet-N-Greet with PTO board members! The first official PTO meeting of the year will be September 5th at 5:00 pm in the Community Room.
We hope to see you on August 29th!
Football Players, Cheerleaders, Pep Rallies...Oh My!
- September 13th - 3rd Grade
- September 28th - 2nd grade
- October 12th - 1st grade
- November 2nd - Kindergarten
We can't wait to have football players and cheerleaders on campus Friday, August 31st!
We get into the Viking Spirit by having a Spirit contest every Friday during football season. The class in each grade level that wears the most Viking gear, or colors, wins the contest. Go Vikings!
Running of The Vikings
Parents - don't forget to bring your camera so you can capture this exciting tradition!
Grandparents' Lunch - September 6th and 7th
2nd Grade: 11:40-12:10
1st Grade: 11:10-11:40
3rd Grade: 12:00-12:30
Please arrive a few minutes prior to your grandchild's lunch to find a parking spot and check in through Raptor for your visitor's badge.
Thanks for your support in yearbook as all proceeds support the staff and students of LVES!
Want to Volunteer?
You can download the background check form by clicking on the link below:
Completed forms can be dropped at the LVISD Administration building located at 8039 Bar-K Ranch Road. Please allow at least 2 weeks for background checks to process.
Attendance for the week of 8/23: 99% - exceeded our attendance goal! Way to go Vikings!
Grade Level Attendance:
1st Grade: 98.45%
2nd Grade: 99.79%
3rd Grade: 98.99%
Storytime in kindergarten!
Using a magnifying class to be find clue words to solve the math problem
Describing physical characteristics of objects in science class
Hello LVES Families! Does your child need any school supplies or a backpack? Local churches have generously donated several items, and I would love to give them to students who need them!
I am excited to begin our guidance lessons next week! Your child will learn what a school counselor does and how I can help them, as well as the meaning of this month’s character trait, Responsibility.
At home, you can talk with your child about responsibility, and teach them that by doing chores, answering for their own actions, being trustworthy, and using good judgment are signs that they are growing up and can be trusted with greater freedom! Try to "catch" your child making responsible choices, and let them know how much it means to you.
"The greatest gifts you can give your children are the roots of responsibility and the wings of independence." ~Denis Waitley
Your School Counselor,
¡Hola familias LVES! ¿Necesita su hijo algún material escolar o una mochila? Las iglesias locales han donado generosamente varios artículos, ¡y me encantaría dárselos a los estudiantes que los necesiten!
¡Estoy emocionado de comenzar nuestras lecciones de orientación la próxima semana! Su hijo aprenderá lo que hace un consejero escolar y cómo puedo ayudarlos, así como el significado del rasgo de carácter de este mes, la Responsabilidad.
En casa, puede hablar con su hijo sobre la responsabilidad y enseñarles que haciendo las tareas domésticas, respondiendo por sus propias acciones, siendo confiables y usando el buen juicio son señales de que están creciendo y se les puede confiar con mayor libertad. Intente "atrapar" a su hijo tomando decisiones responsables, y hágales saber cuánto significa para usted.
"Los mejores regalos que le puedes dar a tus hijos son las raíces de la responsabilidad y las alas de la independencia.” ~Denis Waitley
Su consejero escolar,
Christine Harris, Administrative Assistant
Registration and Attendance:
Veronica Fidencio, Registrar/Attendance Clerk
Student Emotional Support:
Amy Sexton, Counselor
Tara Roberts, School Nurse
Discipline and School Improvement:
Michelle Jackson, Principal
Missy Howard, Assistant Principal
Mark Your Calendars...
- August 29th: Parent Information Night, 6:30-7:00 pm (Session 1); 7:00-7:30 pm (Session 2)
- August 31st: Football Players and Cheerleaders Visit; 8:00 am
- August 31st: Running of The Vikings, 6:50 pm at LVHS field
- September 3rd: Labor Day - Student/Staff Holiday
- September 5th: PTO Meeting, 5:00 pm in Community Room
- September 6th: Grandparents Lunch for PPCD, Kinder and 2nd Grade
- September 7th: Grandparents Lunch for PK, 1st and 3rd Grade
- September 10th-14th: HOMECOMING SPIRIT WEEK
- September 14th: Football Players and Cheerleaders Visit, 8:00 am
- September 14th: 3rd Grade attends LVHS Homecoming Pep Rally, 10:30 am-11:30 am
- September 14th: Running of The Vikings, 6:50 pm at LVHS field
- September 19th: Watch DOG Kick-Off Meeting, 8:15 am in cafeteria - more details coming soon
- September 28th: Football Players and Cheerleaders Visit; 8:00 am
- September 28th: 2nd Grade attends LVHS Pep Rally, 10:30 am-11:30 am
- September 28th: Running of The Vikings, 6:50 pm at LVHS field