Parent Update: May 24
Dates to Know
- Friday: May 26
- Monday: May 29
- Tuesday, May 30 ~ School Begins at 10:30 a.m.
- Lunch will be served.
The LAF Musical Team is looking to gauge student interest for next year's production! If your child is interested in participating in any way (CAST or CREW), please fill out this form.
*This does not include the books the students are using for their current ELA units of study.
Field Day Snack
Water, Sugar, Corn Syrup, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Contains 1% or less of Citric Acid, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Guar Gum, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gel, Tara Gum, Carrageenan, Carob Bean Gum, Blue 1, Red 40.
Student Transportation 2023-24
For all parents/guardians seeking bus transportation for general education students in the Chatham public school district:
- State Mandated students (automatically placed on a bus route) will have access to their route information via the Parent Portal approximately 7-10 days prior to the first day of school. To qualify, the student must be further than the closest walking distance from home to school of attendance required by the state per their grade: K-8th grade is over 2.0 miles, 9-12th grade is over 2.5 miles.
- Subscription Bus students (any parent/guardian looking to have their child placed on a route that does not qualify for state mandated transportation):
* application (one per student) submission deadline: June 16, 2023
* late applications will be held until September 11, 2023 for review
* applications are approved on a first come first serve basis (based on availability)
* approved applicants will have access to their route information via the Parent Portal approximately 7-10 days prior to the first day of school
* applications are accessible on all district websites and are submitted directly online
* payment is not required until notification emailed in early October and is payable via PaySchools
* additional FAQs and information are available online
If you have any additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact the Transportation Coordinator, Sandra Beyer (email@example.com).
School Supplies: 4th Grade ONLY
Don’t be that parent that has to visit 2 and a half stores to get everything on their child's back to school supply list! Just order from 1st Day School Supplies! In a few clicks you'll have everything you need and only the brand names you trust and respect like Ticonderoga, Crayola, Elmer's and Clorox. So, what are you waiting for? Check this off your to-do list!
Questions? Contact Kate at Kate.Handerhan@gmail.com
Spring Concert & End of Year Information
5th Grade Concert June 6th @ 9:45 a.m.
4th Grade Concert June 7th @ 9:45 a.m.
All concerts will be held in the CHS Auditorium. There is little to NO parking at LAF and CHS when school is in session. Please plan accordingly.
Change of Date: June 9th - Last Day of School
June 8th and 9th - Early Dismissal Days - No lunch will be served.
DATES TO KNOW
2 - Field Day & Hickory Tree Pizza Day (Raindate 6/5)
6 - 5th Grade Concert (9:45 a.m.)
6 - 5th Grade DJ (Fun) Day (Raindate 6/7)
7 - 4th Grade Concert (9:45 a.m.)
8 - Early Dismissal
9 - Early Dismissal & Last Day of School