Tison Roo News 2015-16
Week of March 21 - 25
UPCOMING TISON EVENTS
March 14-18 -- SPRING BREAK!
Tuesday, Mar. 22 -- Tison Tennis vs. Burleson @ the NGC (matches start at 4:00 PM)
Thursday, March 24 -- Track Meet @ Burleson ISD Stadium
Friday, March 25 -- GOOD FRIDAY HOLIDAY
5th SIX WEEKS PROGRESS REPORTS
Progress reports for the 5th Six Weeks went home with students on Tuesday, March 8th. If you have not received your student’s progress report, please check with him or her.
PARENT MEETING FOR ARENA SCHEDULING
There will be a parent meeting for arena scheduling on April 18th at 6:00 PM at the Ninth Grade Center. Arena scheduling opens for 8th grade the following morning at 6:30 AM for those who register off-campus and at 7:30 AM for those who would rather register here at Tison. (Please check in at the main office first.)
The window for registering will close on April 22nd. Many class choices are made on a "first come, first serve basis" so it is important to attend the parent meeting and to register as quickly as possible.
If you would like more information on "arena scheduling" please contact Gwen Ward (Tison Counselor) at email@example.com. The WISD video below can also help explain "arena scheduling":
PATRIOT'S PEN ESSAY WRITING CONTEST
We want to celebrate all of the 7th grade participants in the VFW Patriot's Pen Essay Writing Contest and also want to CONGRATULATE Aaron Hairston who placed FIRST, Hailey Moore who placed SECOND, and Mallory Floyd who placed THIRD in the contest. WAY TO GO ROOS!
Back Row: Jasmine DeLeon, Jaycob Craft, Braden Carter, TMS student, Reagan Lee, Selena Garcia
Front Row: Donna Brooks, Aaron Hairston (1st), Hailey Moore (2nd), Mallory Floyd (3rd), Aly Ligon, Emma Cromer, Alexis Rodriguez
PIZZA PARTY @ THE TISON LIBRARY
1. Anthony Murillo (not pictured)
2. Michael Markley (not pictured)
3. Nicholas Withaeger (pictured above, right)
4. Landon Elizondo (not pictured)
5. Jordan Elrod (pictured above, far left)
6. Selena Garcia (pictured above, center)
7. Erin Logan (pictured above, near left)
8. Quartin Holaday (not pictured)
STUDENT SPOTLIGHT -- 20 QUESTIONS IN 60 SECONDS
Kyler Stults, 8th grader
Kyler was nominated by one of his teachers because he works hard in class and his effort is appreciated. In order to get to know Kyler better, he completed a "20 Questions in 60 Seconds" questionnaire. Below are his answers:
1. Do you have any brothers or sisters?
2. Do you have any pets?
3. If you could have the perfect birthday party, what would it be?
Lots of money
4. What is your favorite food?
5. What is your favorite kind of candy?
6. What is your favorite color?
7. What is your favorite zoo animal?
8. What do you want to be when you get older?
A physical therapist
9. What is one thing you don't know how to do that you wish you did?
10. What is your favorite thing to study at school?
11. What do you like to do for fun?
12. Do you prefer to spend your time inside or outside?
13. What do you like to do as soon as you get home from school?
Ride my bike
14. What is your favorite TV show?
Family Guy. Its my kind of humor.
15. What is your favorite movie? Why?
Not sure...I have a lot that I like
16. What is the best toy that you ever had?
17. What is your favorite restaurant?
18. Who has the best kids' meal toys right now?
19. What is your favorite book?
I have a lot
20. What is your favorite video game?
CONNECT WITH TISON ON TWITTER!
Just search for and then "follow" the following:
@tisonprincipal (Principal, Carrie Harrison)
@WeatherfordDad (Assistant Principal, Trace Craft)
@LisaEdmunds (Assistant Principal, Lisa Edmunds)
@1LBaird (Keyboarding teacher, Laura Baird)
@belledirector (Tison All Stars/WHS Blue Belles Director, Laura Buckner)
@MrsFentonTMS (7th grade Math & yearbook teacher, Leslie Fenton)
@Profe_Ferrell (Spanish teacher & NJHS co-sponsor, Kym Ferrell)
@mrsafowler (Texas History teacher, Amanda Fowler)
@coachgommert (7th grade Science teacher & coach, Colton Gommert)
@tisonlibrary (Librarian, Leah Greer)
@MharrisScience (7th grade Science teacher, Melissa Harris)
@AndreaHayward3 (8th grade Math teacher, Andrea Hayward)
@KerfootSylvia (STACI aide, Sylvia Kerfoot)
@ErinLight3 (7th grade ELA teacher & Tennis coach, Erin Light)
@SimplyDramaStac (Theater Arts teacher, Stacey Mitchell)
@wmohr8 (8th grade Math teacher, Wendy Mohr)
@mattnovikoff (Inclusion/Math Resource Teacher, Matt Novikoff)
@stpatterson11 (8th grade ELA teacher & cheerleading sponsor)
@smilesas8 (8th grade Science teacher, Sally Scott)
@ToniScience (8th grade Science teacher & NJHS co-sponsor, Toni Smith)