Some Facts about bullying
- Over 3.2 million students are victims of bullying each year.
- Approximately 160,000 teens skip school everyday because of bullying.
- 1 in 4 teachers see nothing wrong with bullying and will only intervene 4% of the time.
- 71% of teens report incidents of bullying as a problem at their school.
- 1 in 10 students drop out of school because of reported bullying.
Some statistics about teen bullying
- 1 out of every 4 students report being bullied each year.
- 64% of teens who were bullied did not report it.
- More than half of bullying incidents stop when a peer intervenes on behalf of the student being bullied.
- School based bullying prevention programs decrease bullying by up to 25%
- The reasons for being bullied reported most often by students were looks (55%), Body shape (37%) and race (16%)