Deerfield August Newsletter
Calendar of Events
August 28 - Class Placement Notification, Sign up for Parent/Teacher Listening Conferences
September 1, 2, 3 - Teachers conduct Parent/Teacher Listening Conferences
September 3rd - Supply/Materials and iPad Pick Up Day
September 4th - 10:00 a.m.-11:00 am - Deerfield Reverse Parade
September 8 - Remote and Distance Learning Begins
September 8 - 7:00 pm PTO Meeting - Zoom Link
Supply and iPad Pick Up! September 3rd!
Please follow these procedures for pick up -
- Pull into the front circle drive (pull up to the orange cones)
- Stay in your car and a staff member will come to you.
- Give your child's name and grade level to the staff member.
- Let the staff member know if you need your child's iPad.
- Incoming Kindergarten students and former Deerfield students will pick up their iPad at Deerfield.
- Students who attended a different LPS last year, will need to go to their former school to pick up their iPad. (If you already have your iPad from your previous LPS, you will keep that iPad and use it for the coming year).
- Students newly enrolled in LPS will need to contact the HELP Desk (785-832-5000) to pick up their device for remote/distance learning.
Deerfield Beginning of the Year Reverse Parade
The Deerfield Staff would like to welcome back all of our Deerfield students! We will be having a Welcome Back Reverse Parade on Friday, September 4th from 10:00-11:00 in the Deerfield front circle drive. Staff will line the front parking lot and cheer on our students as they drive through the circle drive! Feel free to show your Deerfield Spirit by decorating your car!
We can't wait to see you!
To our families of students with IEPs
I think it's important for you to know our general and special education teachers are working hard together. They are looking at our general education schedules and coming up with ideas on how to layer in specific IEP needs and services for our learners in special education. Teams are getting creative and coming up with exciting ways to reach students remotely. Expect to hear from them soon during virtual parent teacher conferences. Knowing parents are an integral part of student learning during the first six weeks of remote learning (and always), our special education teachers look forward to discussing plans for supporting your student.
Webex is Replacing Zoom
Distance / Remote Learning Expectations Matrix
Please help your child prepare for remote learning by reviewing the expectations on the chart below. Following these expectations will provide for the best learning environment for all of our students!
Deerfield Activities Updates
PTO Meetings - 2nd Tuesday of each month, 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm - Virtual
Site Council Meetings - TBA, Virtual
Beg of Year Listening Conferences - Virtual
Parent Teacher Conferences Fall -TBA
Deerfield Dines Out- TBA
Visitors (only students and staff are allowed in the building)
Volunteers in the school, including WatchDOGS
Beg of Year Social
Evening Building Use
Parent committee meetings
Class Parties with parent volunteers
Remote Learning Attendance
Attendance will be taken twice a day, once in the morning and once in the afternoon:
- If your child is present online for remote learning anytime between 8:00-11:30, they will be counted present for the morning.
- If your child is present online for remote learning anytime between 11:31-3:05, they will be counted present for the afternoon.
If your child will be absent from remote learning:
- Parents must notify the office for the absence to be counted as "excused". Truancy will be enforced during remote learning (Truancy is filed when a student has 3 consecutive unexcused absences or 5 cumulative unexcused absences in a semester.)
If your child is absent for the entire morning (8:00-11:30), the entire afternoon (11:31-3:05) or the entire day:
- The teacher will email a learning log and assignments for that day to parents.
- Parents will need to complete the learning log, documenting that the student completed 180 minutes (1/2 day) or 360 minutes (full day) of instruction off-line.
- Learning Logs should be email back to teachers within 5 school days.
School Supply List Here!
Deerfield Website Calendar
Revised School Calendar
Click here to see the recently revised school calendar.
Breakfast & Lunch Menu
Breakfast & Lunch Menu Here!
Like Deerfield Facebook Page
Like our Deerfield Facebook page www.facebook.com/deerfield497
Like Deerfield PTO Facebook Page
Like our Deerfield PTO Facebook page:
From the Counselor
From the Nurse
School Directory Information
The FERPA Annual Notice directs parents who object to the public release of directory information to request, complete, and return a Non-Disclosure of Student Information Form. If you wish to NOT have your child's contact information in our annual school directory please fill out this form and return to the school office by September 11th. If we do not receive this form your child's contact information will be listed as shown below....
School Families: We want to call your attention to two online communication tools. "Contact Us," found on a tab on our school and district websites, assists individuals who do not know who to contact about a question, suggestion, concern, or even a compliment. By completing a short online form and sharing their contact information, their inquiry is routed to the appropriate staff for a timely response.
"All Students Safe," also found on our website, serves as an online tool for reporting bullying or safety questions or concerns. Users of this tool may choose to hide their contact information. We do find it helpful, though, when investigating safety concerns to have contact information in case additional information is needed.
Please keep in mind that these online tools do not replace direct communication with your child's
school. If you have a question or concern relating to the classroom, please contact the teacher. If you have a question or concern about our school, please contact the school office.
We value open communication between home and school. Deerfield school sincerely appreciates your partnership as we seek to provide a safe and welcoming learning environment and a successful school experience for all students. Thank you!
Return to Brick and Mortar (school building) Preliminary Plans
Return to School Building Logistical Procedures
We are working on the logistical procedures for when we return to school. These details will be sent out to parents as soon as they are solidified.