Wednesday, August 28th
Sato Elementary School
**Please note: On Thursday, August 29th between 2:00 and 4:00 there will be limited access to the Front Office, as we work to confirm all new enrollments. Please feel free to call and leave a message or come in during regular business hours on Friday, August 30th 8:00-4:00.
- Tuesday, Sept. 3rd - First Day of School 1st-5th
- Tues. & Wed. Sept 3rd & 4th - Kinder Assessments
- Thursday, Sept. 5th - First Day of School Kinder last names beginning with A - K
- Thursday, Sept. 5th - Back To School Night 3rd through 5th Grade families 6:00-7:30pm
- Friday, Sept. 6th - First Day of School Kinder last names beginning with L- Z
- Monday, Sept. 9th - ALL Kinders attend together
- Monday, Sept. 9th - Tears & Cheers for Kinder Parents 8:50-9:15 in Cafeteria
- Wednesday, Sept. 11th - Kinder Class Lists Finalized Parents notified
- Thursday, Sept. 12th - Back To School Night Kinder- 2nd Grade families 6:00-7:30pm
- Monday, Sept. 23rd - Picture Day
When are the non-student contact days?
- Friday, October 11th - Staff Development Day
- Friday, November 1st - Grading Day
- Monday, December 2nd - Staff Development Day
- Monday, January 27th - Grading Day
- Tuesday, February 18th - Staff Development Day
- Friday, April 10th - Grading Day
- Friday, April 24th - Staff Development Day
When Parent Teacher Conferences?
- November 6th and 7th with no school for students both the 7th and the 8th
- April 29th and 30th with no school for students both the 30th and May 1st
Kinder Families PLEASE scroll down and read the section specific to Kinder Families
First Day Packets
- Welcome to Sato Overview - a quick one page reference
- District Calendar - You can click HERE for calendars in other languages
- Specials Rotation Calendar - once you know your classrooms schedule this will help you know what special your child has each day.
- Too Sick for School? - a quick one pager on when to keep your child home from school
- Your School-Based Health Center (Link)
You can also click HERE for more information on School Nurse & Student Health! Including immunization requirements and medicines at school.
First Day Expectations and Beyond!
After the first day of school we are eager to get students into their regular morning routine. Students will come in and place their lunches on the cart labeled with their teacher's name and then head to a morning supervision location projected on the front hall TV screen. These locations (playground, cafeteria, library and gym) will be the same for an entire week and will be on a rotation schedule throughout the year.
Back to School Nights
- 3rd-5th Grades Thursday, September 5th, 6:00-7:30pm
- K-2nd Grades Thursday, September 12th, 6:00-7:30pm
More information will come soon about the schedule of events, but please know that like last year there will be again two identical sessions for each teacher each night allowing families with a kinder student and a second grader, for example to attend a session in both classrooms. We do apologize in advance to families with a student in the primary grades and one in the intermediate grades - meaning there is an evening event two weeks in a row. Thank you for understanding and we look forward to welcoming you on these evenings!
A message from SECO
Learn more or contact us at: email@example.com
Also see links below for their website and FaceBook!
Kinder Families Please READ!!
The First Weeks of School for Kindergarteners
Below Kindergarten Families will find all the information that you will need for the first two weeks of school.
Tuesday, September 3 and Wednesday, September 4, will be reserved for individual student assessment by appointment only.
Thursday Sept. 5th : 1st day for students with last names that begin with the letters A-K
Friday Sept. Sept 6th: 1st day for students with last names that begin with L-Z
On September 5th and 6th, parents are encouraged to remain with their child in the cafeteria and walk with them to their homeroom class when a teacher arrives.
Sept 9th-11th: all kindergarten students attend.
Beginning this week we ask that parents begin the regular routine of dropping students at the front doors, or having them ride the bus. Parents are not to walk students to their classrooms. Thank you for your cooperation.
September 9th marks the first day that all kindergarten students will be at school together. Each day, all Kindergarten students enter the school through the main door and will sit at the cafeteria tables. We will have plenty of staff out there to assist families.
There will be a Tears and Cheers event hosted by our parent group in the cafeteria for kindergarten families hosted from 8:50-9:15 - directly following the assembly.
When your child starts in kindergarten, they will initially be rostered to one of the kindergarten teachers. This means that from September 5th through September 12th, your student will have a “homeroom” and begin each day with the same teacher. The first 5 days of school, we will implement a rotational model. Each student will have an opportunity to meet every teacher and every student in kindergarten. Our goal is for each child to develop strong relationships with as many staff and students as possible. We will also use this time to work in various group sizes and combinations, assess students and make well-informed decisions about what class placement will work best for them. Research has indicated that this model serves the needs of students best in the long run. To create balanced class lists that go beyond the basics, we will rotate students within the four kindergarten classrooms from Sept 5th -11th.
HERE is an article that speaks to the effectiveness of this model with research that shows how equitable and balanced class lists are created.
On the evening of the 11th, you will be sent an email with your child's final classroom teacher's name. Beginning on the 12th, all kindergarten students will begin the day with their newly assigned classroom teacher. We are confident that this approach will allow us to create inclusive, inviting, well-balanced classrooms that will allow all students to thrive. If you have any questions regarding this, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Volunteering at Sato!
Please click HERE to find out all the different ways to get involved at Sato! We need you!!