We Are Together Tamanend!
November 9, 2012
Veteran's Day Assembly
In a special Veteran's Day Assembly, Tamanend students and staff honored our currently serving and veteran soldiers. The Naval Weapon Systems Support Philadelphia Color Guard presented our nations "colors." Mr. Albert Moss, veteran of World War II who fought in D-Day, spoke about why he served our country and what it means to him to be a veteran. Our musical groups performed patriotic and military pieces and students read passages and quotes from our nation's leaders, past and present. We thank everyone for their participation. But most of all, we thank all of our veterans and currently serving military for your service and sacrifice for our country. Happy Veteran's Day.
8th Grade Revolutionary Life Day
Our 8th Graders dressed, danced, ate, played games, and made crafts as they would have during the Revolutionary War days.
Follow Tamanend on Twitter
If you have a Twitter account, now you can get "Tiger Tweets" by following us @CBTamanendMS where we will proudly share good news and accomplishments of our students and staff.
TMS Spiritwear Sale!
If you are looking for the perfect holiday gift for that special Tamanend Tiger in your life, look no farther... Our Tamanend Spiritwear Sale is sponsored by and benefits our Autistic Support program.
November Boomerang Asset: Honesty
Do you know a TMS student who tells the truth even when it isn't easy? Please nominate him/her for Boomerang Recognition by using our online ballot. Nominations are due November 19.
First Marking Period and Report Cards
The end date for our first marking period was pushed back to November 14th on account of the days missed from Hurricane Sandy. Report cards will be distributed on November 26th.
Please Remember to Help Tamanend While You Holiday Shop (or Recycle)
If you use the following vendors, please think about supporting TMS while you shop:
- Use this link to connect to Amazon to shop and Tamanend can earn as much as 15% of what you purchase!
- Giant Food Store has an A+ School Rewards program through their clip-less coupon card. Register your card and TMS will receive a percentage of your spendings.
- If you shop at Target and have a Target Red Card, you can register your card for Target's Take Charge of Education program so that Tamanend receives a percentage of your spending.
- Clip and send in Box Tops to the attention of NJHS; or, shop at the Box Top Market Place where you will find vendors such as Best Buy, KMart, Justice and more.
- If you like to shop online, check out the eScrip Online Mall. When you sign up for an account, selecting Tamanend earns money for our school.
- When you recycle your paper using our Abitibi bin located at the back of our Main Parking Lot, you have not only helped the environment, you help TMS, too.
Highlighted in a Previous TMS Update:
- We need parents, students and staff for our Wellness Committee. If you are interested in helping with a fitness program after school, starting a vegetable garden in our courtyard, or have some other ideas to help our students and staff "go green" and stay fit, please contact Mrs. Mary McDonald, Mrs. Lauren Myrtetus and Ms. Brenda Scheffey about becoming involved in our Wellness Committee.
- Students currently taking an Algebra course will take the PA Keystone Exam in Algebra this year, unless they took the Algebra Keystone two years ago and were proficient. The following is a link with more information about the PA Keystone Exams: http://www.cbsd.org/curriculum/assessment/Pages/PA-Keystone-Exams.aspx.
Please read and share with others our "TMS Points of Pride."
Please volunteer to help make this year at TMS great!
- Click here to register to receive CBSD text alerts.