THE KAMPF SITE
NEWS YOU CAN USE
If we were to insist that ALL words be spelled correctly, students would only write stilted sentences with the words they know. While we do expect children to write their 'word wall words' correctly (spelling words), they have learned several strategies to tackle tricky words:
- Say words slowly and record what you hear.
- Think of a word you know to help you. ('and' will help you write 'stand')
- Clap longer words (syllables) and write each part. (yes-ter-day)
It's amazing how much growth students are already exhibiting as their writing becomes more readable and organized. We can't wait to share this with you at parent conferences!
Homework and Accountability
We LOVE meeting you for conferences and want to be as helpful as possible. Please watch your child's folder for an optional form (to send back) with questions to ask ahead of time so we can be prepared to address your needs in the short time that we have.
BOOKS! BOOKS! BOOKS! (THINK CHRISTMAS!)
You may order Scholastic books at any time from scholastic.com/readingclub. Enter our class activation code: H4YWF. There are no shipping costs when you order online. Books are delivered to our classroom and sent home with students. If at any time you would like the books to be a surprise, just let me know and I will leave them in the office for you. I will send home book order fliers regularly so you can see what new titles are available that you and your child might enjoy.
- WET ONES brand wipes. **
- Scotch Thermal Laminating Pouches, 3 mil, 8.9"x11.4" (Amazon)
- DAP brand Blue Stik adhesive putty. (Amazon)
- Mavalus brand tape- any color. (Amazon or Learning Shop)
- Inexpensive clipboards. (Walmart or Amazon)