Stomp Out Bullying
Educate Today's Youth
"Teenager Student With Fear Stock Photo." - Royalty Free Image ID 100113933. N.p., n.d. Web. 09 Apr. 2014.
1. Over 3.2 million students are victims of bullying each year.
2. 1 in 4 teachers see nothing wrong with bullying and will only intervene 4% of the time.
3. Approximately 160,000 teens skip school every day because of bullying.
4. 1 in 10 students drop out of school because of repeated bullying.
"11 Facts About Bullying." DoSomething.org. N.p., n.d. Web. 08 Apr. 2014.
Why do kids bully?
- A common reason that a kid bullies is due to lack of attention or abuse from their parent or guardian.
- Bullying behavior is usually learned at home.
- Many bullies have been previously bullied in their life, leading them to believe bullying is their only way to cope with their surroundings.
Picture: "Bully Boy Stock Image." - Royalty Free Image ID 100239271. N.p., n.d. Web. 09 Apr. 2014.
How can bullying be stopped?
- Groups can be formed to go from school to school talking about bullying and how bad it can affect a child's life and self esteem.
- Teach our youth at a young age that others can be different or unusual and that there is nothing wrong with that.