Robert L. Crippen Friday Bulletin
A great quote from my favorite figure in history....so relevant after our awesome Mock STAAR PROGRESS
From Ms. Hine's Classroom
Kindergarten students are being held accountable for their independent reading by acting out Brown Bear, Brown Bear
From Ms. Kopecky's Room
Look at her pictoral data! Her students can see their DRA progress!
Getting lost in a great book
Good luck to all of our 3rd and 4th Grade students and teachers on Mock STAAR this week!
Events for the Week--WHEW....what a busy WEEK! Please read closely.
- Monday, 2/9/15 College and Career Blast Off--we will have a guest speaker discussing Career Pictures at Blast Off this morning.
- Monday, 2/9/15 5th Grade Data Planning Meeting 1:45-3:45 PM in the Conference Room. Please bring your Mock STAAR data and laptop. We will "revamp" tutoring groups and determine who will be invited to Extended Day. Specials teachers please take students to the buses.
- Tuesday, 2/10/15 100th Day of School--Dress like a 100 year old or attach 100 items to your shirt! Have fun.
- Tuesday, 2/10/15 WOMS Orchestra will perform for 5th grade only in the cafeteria from 9-9:30 AM
- Tuesday, 2/10/15 Gretchen Childs Grades 3-5--Bring Comprehenion Connections 5th Grade—8:00-10:00 (Subs will start in your room and then will rotate) 4th Grade—10:05-12:05 3rd Grade—12:35-2:35
- Wednesday, 2/11/15 Mock STAAR 3rd and 4th Grade Reading; No Clubs; students will be released from the gym by 7:20 AM. Small groups need to be picked up by 7:30. Target start time is 7:45 AM. Please dress professionally (no jeans coupons). We want to model for our students excellence. We will send around staff to give you breaks during and after STAAR. Enjoy your duty-free lunch when your students go to lunch. Thank you Instructional Support Staff! Remember, lunches are adjusted. See the note Martiza gave you.
- Thursday, 2/12/15 4th Grade Data Planning Meeting 12:45-3:00 PM in the Conference Room. Please bring your Mock STAAR data and laptop. We will "revamp" tutoring groups and determine who will be invited to Extended Day. Room Coverage from 1:45-3:00
Instructional Support Staff will need to pick students up from specials, stay in the room for 1 hour, and then take the classes to the buses.
I. Goodman—Linda Vann
II. Halbrook—Carisma Guitterez
III. Fontenot—Angela Almaguer
IV. Franco—Tina Cassidy
V. Blair—Lidia HernandezVI. Aulbaugh—Sandra Breazele
- Thursday, 2/12/15 Reading Academy at 2 PM for Ms. Rice, Ms. Hine, and Ms. Gonzalez Room Coverage from 1:00-3:00
I. Rice—Tiffany Robinson
II. Hine—Ms. MerrickIII. Gonzalez—Ingrid Rodriguez
- Friday, 2/13/15 Valentines Exchange Day after 2 PM--NOT a party day for students BUT enjoy CHOCOLATE TREATS in the LOUNGE because WE TRULY LOVE YOU!
- Friday, 2/13/15 3 4th Grade Data Planning Meeting 11:15-1:15 PM in the Conference Room. Please bring your Mock STAAR data and laptop. We will "revamp" tutoring groups and determine who will be invited to Extended Day. Room Coverage from 11:45-1:15.
Instructional Support Staff will need to pick students up from specials at 11:45 and stay in the room until you return.
I. Esparza—Lidia Hernandez
II. Black—Carisma Guitterez
III. Cordero—Ingrid Rodriguez
IV. Carter—Tina Cassidy
V. Hickman—Tiffany RobinsonVI. Christian—Sandra Breazele vII. Stewart--Ms. Merrick
INFORMATION FROM THE DISTRICT/CRIPPEN
- Ten maker: 5+5 =10
- Mortar Word:
according--Mike used a number machine. Each number he put into the machine came out as a different number according to a rule.--5th Grade Math 2014
- Exchange Day/Comp Day on Monday, 2/16--ENJOY YOUR DAY OFF!
- PTT Carnantion Pre-sales from 2/3-2/11--sold each morning in the office until 7:45