April 4, 2019
On March 31, 2019 four of our sixth grade girls, Arya H, Caroline S, Kasey W, and Simi G participated in the 2019 Destination Imagination Pennsylvania State tournament in Harrisburg, PA. Destination Imagination is an organization that promotes team-based challenge learning projects in various subjects. The girls chose to do a service learning challenge. In this challenge, they were asked to choose a community, identify a real-life need in that community and carry out a project that addresses that need. They chose the CBSD community, identified vaping as a big issue, and chose to raise awareness about it. They had to research vaping and create and theatrically present their solution which they entitled “Escape the Vape." They competed against other teams throughout the state and did a great job earning a spot in the Global Finals. Congratulations on your hard work girls! The girls also presented what they had learned about vaping to the entire Warwick sixth grade class.
Warwick Student Publishes Book with Dad
Boomerang Recognition and Spirit Assembly
Last week we held our Boomerang Recognition and Spirit Assembly. As recognized in previous Warwick Weekly editions, we honored all Boomerang nominees for the months of December, January, and February.
We also celebrated all of the Power Paws and Warwick Wonders earned by our Warwick students to this point. Here are some proud numbers...
3,650 Power Paws
106 Warwick Wonders
Congratulations to 1st Grade for leading the way with the most Power Paws; and further congratulations to 4th Grade for being the Warwick Wonders leader!
Your contributions will help us create a celebration of Warwick worthy of its 100-year history.
To view the entire Warwick calendar for this school year, click here.
If you have a Kindergartener, or if you know someone who has a 2019-2020 Warwick Kindergartener, it is important to register for Kindergarten ASAP so we can plan accordingly. Registration is ONLINE! Parents and guardians will have access to a secure, convenient and user-friendly system to register a new student. Please use the link below to register.
Note: Once your registration has been approved, you will receive an email notification with a link to schedule an appointment to finalize your registration.
Before parents and guardians can volunteer, they must have all necessary clearances. Click here so you are ready when volunteer opportunities arise.
Notes on Arrival, Dismissal, and Attendance
Late Arrival to School
Our instructional day ends at 3:45 pm. Our dismissal procedures occur between 3:45 and 4:05 pm.
Early Pick Up:
Picking up students early from school on a routine basis can add up to a significant loss of school time. When picking up students early from school, parents/guardians must come to the Main Office and have PA State Photo ID. Please make sure there is an excusable reason to excuse your child from school before 3:45 p.m. Here is a list of reasons that are excusable in PA Public Schools: illness, quarantine, death in the immediate family, religious holidays, home emergencies, and health care directly related to the student.
Changes to Your Dismissal Plans
If it is necessary to change your normal pick-up routine at the end of the day, i.e., a different adult, bus rather than car, car rather than bus, a change in child care arrangements, etc., a written note must be presented to the classroom teacher, who will share the information with the office.
Any phone calls regarding a change in end-of-day plans must be directed to the office before 3:00 PM through a phone call (267-893-4055) or via e-mail and not directly to the classroom teacher, as teachers are engaged with students' learning and will not be able to check their email during the instructional day.
CBSD Attendance Policies and Procedures
As per CBSB Policy 204, students with more than 10 excused absences cumulative throughout the school year must have a doctor's note. Please contact Mrs. Pecoraio if you have questions or concerns about your student's health-related absences.
Box Top Contest Winners!
Thanks to all the people who submitted Box Tops to help support our awesome school. You have collected over 4,000 Box Tops during this contest. Congratulations to these students who submitted the most Box Tops! Enjoy your prizes. You deserve it.
Jimmy Esmund (230), 3S
Abby Schofiel (225), KH
Cole Sheehan (202), 2U
Grace Michucch (175), 5Ha
*There were several hundred box tops submitted without a name. If you were excluded from the above list but are certain you qualify for a prize please email me at email@example.com
Help Support Warwick
You can support Warwick while you shop. It is easy! Here is how...
- Giant A+: Go to https://giantfoodstores.com/ and select SIGN IN or REGISTER. Once Logged in, select MY ACCOUNT, then MANAGE MY ACCOUNT, then REWARDS & SAVINGS. You will need your 11-digit BONUSCARD number and school ID number which is 26483. If you need assistance, cal 1-888-814-4268 option 1.
- Box Tops: Please clip Box Tops and return them to school.
- Amazon Smile: Go to Amazon Smile and use the search feature to find Warwick Elementary PTO in Jamison, PA. When shopping at Amazon, use Amazon Smile to benefit Warwick.
Thank you for your continued support!
Click here to learn more about our amazing PTO and how you can get involved!
- Previous Warwick Weeklies
- Warwick Parent/Guardian Handbook
- Library Newsletters: Check out upcoming events, what books are hot, and what students in each grade are learning in the Warwick Library!
- Having trouble finding that next great book to read. Try the "What Should I Read Next website: https://whatshouldireadnext.com.
- My Payments Plus
- Lunch Menu
- Apply for Free/Reduced Breakfast & Lunch
- Teacher Web Pages
- Parent/Guardian Volunteer Requirements
- PTO: Web Page and Letter from our President
- When to Keep your Student Home from School for Illness
- CBSD Mobile App - Parents and guardians can get a FREE CB App to keep up with all things Warwick and CB.
- Before/Aftercare at Warwick
- Parent Portal - Ongoing student progress reporting and more.
- CB Cares Education Foundation's Backpack Newsflash
- E-Friday Folder
- We Want to Hear from You - An online place to record feedback for us on how we did each week.
Follow us on Twitter
Get Warwick Tweets by following @CBWarwickElem on Twitter. Or you can view our Twitter feed by visiting our Warwick home page.
Follow/Like us on Facebook
New this year, Warwick has its own Facebook Page. We will use this to communicate highlights and upcoming events much like we do using Twitter.
Follow the instructions to download the free CBSD app to stay connected with all of your selected CBSD schools.