Exploring Assistive Technology
Dictionary & Thesaurus Built into Mac
Have you ever been writing a paper and find yourself using the same adjective over and over again? MacIntosh computers also have a thesaurus built into the computer.
How to Find this Assistive Application?
- Locate the 'Finder' on the Menu Bar
- Find the Menu Bar on the Left
- Click on 'Applications'
- Click on 'Dictionary' OR
- Click on 'Thesaurus
Use Either Application, as Both are at Your Fingertips
Anything Else I Need to Know?
How Can this be Used in the Classroom?
The Dictionary and Thesaurus Application Can Be Used in the Classroom in the Following Ways:
- Students can look up definitions of unknown words while they are reading online articles
- Students can use the thesaurus tool to enhance and presentation or paper
- Students can use the dictionary application to spell words correctly (if auto-spell does not catch the word, etc)
- Teachers can use both the thesaurus tool for enhancing any webpage, blog, flyer or paper, etc
- Teachers can also use the dictionary to check their spelling, just as students would