Rocky River Elementary School
Family Newsletter Week of October 19, 2020
As we begin to welcome some of our students back to the building this week we wanted to share important information with you. Please be sure to review the bullets in the section below as well as the videos and links throughout the newsletter.
- If families elected for their student(s) to return to school based on the district survey ,students will enter back into the building under Plan B, 2 days a week beginning Monday October 19. Students coming on track A will come Monday and Wednesday and students on track B will come Tuesday and Thursday.
- Students who will be remaining virtual as well as students who are on an off track face to face day will participate in live synchronous instruction via MS Teams as they have since the beginning of the year. Live synchronous instruction will begin at 8:30 and end around 10:10. Students will also participate in small groups throughout the week (days and times will be communicated by your child's teacher).
- Friday will continue to be an asynchronous learning day for all students. **Please note that there will be NO instruction this coming Friday, October 23 due to a teacher workday**
- As our teachers begin to welcome back in their classrooms they may not be able to respond to emails and Dojo messages as quickly as they could when they were teaching 100% remote. Teachers will, however, respond to messages within 24 hours. If you have an issue that needs immediate attention please contact our front office.
As always please feel free to reach out to our front office with any questions that you have. We can't wait to see some of our Roadrunners back in the building this week!
If Your Student is Returning to the Building This Week...
- Please make sure that all of your student's belongings and school supplies are labeled with his/her name.
- Please make sure that he/she has a mask. *5 masks will be sent home with students on their first day back.
- Please make sure that your child has a water bottle. Water fountains will only be used as a refilling station.
- Breakfast carts will be stationed inside of the main entrance of the school and inside of the bus entrance. Students will have the opportunity to get breakfast as soon as they enter the building.
- Lunch carts will be stationed in the hallways during each grade levels assigned lunch time. Students will eat inside of their classroom with the exception of kindergarten.
- If your student is a car rider please make sure that you complete the car rider registration form linked above or by clicking here.
Beginning Monday, meal locations and mobile sites will change due to work force needs at school sites. Please view the locations below or visit the School Nutrition Program website here. You can also view this week's lunch menu below.
If your child will be returning to the building this week please view the grade level supply lists below.
Library Book Checkout
Save the Date
- 10/19 - Students return to the building based on survey results
- 10/21-10/22 - 5th grade Science NC Check In Testing
- 10/22 - End of 1st quarter
- 10/23 - No school teacher workday
- 10/26-10/27 - 4th & 5th grade Reading NC Check In testing
- 10/28-10/29 - 4th & 5th grade Math NC CHeck In testing
- 11/3 - No school teacher work day
- 11/4 - 3rd grade BOG; PTO Chick-fil-a Night
- 11/11 - No school Veteran's Day holiday
- 11/24 - 2nd quarter progress reports sent home
- 11/25-11/27 - No school Thanksgiving break