The Spartan Special
Southwestern Consolidated Schools of Shelby County
Thursday, April 1, 2021
Join our Southwestern Family!
Now Enrolling Out of District Transfer Students for the 2021-2022 School Year
Mark Your Calendars!
There will be no school on Friday, April 2, 2021. This day was previously scheduled as a possible make up day. Enjoy your three day weekend, Spartans! School will reconvene on Monday, April 5, 2021.
Southwestern's Throwback Thursday
SWHS Boys Basketball Sectional Champions 2011
Photo Credit: Heather Goodin via Maggie Goodin
Submit photos for Southwestern's Throwback Thursday to Mrs. Chase, email@example.com, to appear in upcoming editions of The Spartan Special.
Welcome, Class of 2034!
Scenes from Spartan Nation
Journaling in Kindergarten
Spartans Hard Work Helps Others
Welcome to our Newest Member of Spartan Nation!
The Southwestern Greenhouse
Fieldhouse Pictorial Update
2021-2022 Required and Recommended School Immunizations
School Counselor Corner
Interested in joining our team?
SWHS Track and Field
SWHS Girls Tennis
Stay Connected with SWE PTO on Facebook @PTOSWES
Spartan Cupboard Food Pantry
- Canned Food Items (vegetables, fruits, soups, beans, ravioli, tuna, chicken, etc.)
- Breakfast Items (oatmeal, cereals, pancake mix, and syrup)
- Boxed Food Items (macaroni & cheese, ramen noodles, pastas, beef stroganoff, rice, etc.)
- Personal Care Items (toilet paper, deodorant, shampoo, toothbrushes, and toothpaste)
- Fresh & Frozen Food items (milk, eggs, cheese, bread, and a variety of meats)
For more information regarding the Spartan Cupboard, contact Southwestern Elementary School at (317) 729-5320 or Southwestern Junior - Senior High School at (317) 729-5122.
Donate to The Spartan Cupboard Online!
- Login with your account or select guest sign-in
- Search and select Southwestern Consolidated Schools then select "save"
- Once redirected to a screen for The Spartan Cupboard, click the shopping bag for Spartan Cupboard Donation
- Choose a school (all funds go into the same account so choosing either is fine)
- Enter the amount you would like to donate
- Add to cart
- Fill in payment information
- Click "Submit Order"
*NOTE: A $3.00 convenience fee will still be applied to these donations.
See it, Report it!
You and your child can easily report tips on bullying, harassment, drugs, vandalism, or any safety issue you're concerned about through SafeSchools Alert. Every tip SafeSchools Alert receives about our district is immediately logged in the system and our administration is notified so that they can investigate and take appropriate action. And, tips may also be submitted anonymously if you prefer. Together, using SafeSchools Alert, we can make our district a safer place to work and learn! Thanks in advance for your support!
Stay Connected with SW's Mobile App!
Southwestern Food Service Department
Want Daily Updates? Follow us on Social Media!
Send Us Your Spartan Special Moments!
Our community is extremely proud of the many accomplishments and positive stories involving the students, teachers, staff and programs at Southwestern Consolidated Schools of Shelby County that we may not always get to hear. If you would like to have your positive story shared with the Spartan Nation, please send the details to Mrs. Lindsay Chase, Curriculum and Communications Director. We would love to share your positive stories that include personal achievements of your child such as serving as a volunteer in a non-profit organization, earning awards or recognition in 4-H, earning badges in Girl Scouts, etc, etc. You may just see your story in a future edition of "The Spartan Special" or in The Shelbyville News! We want to celebrate our Spartans. You can't hide that Spartan pride!