LEAD Innovation Studio
Vol. 4, Issue 13 - November 13, 2020
NOTE FROM THE PRINCIPAL
10th and 11th grade award recipients will have an assembly during 2nd block on the 16th and 17th. Due to health and safety concerns, guests will not be able to attend.
12th grade award recipients will have a ceremony on the evening of 11/17. Parents, if you are planning to attend you MUST reserve your spot by completing this form.
SENIORS . . . GRADUATION ORDERS
BIG THANK YOU . . .
- Courtney Carter (Family & Consumer Science)
LEAD’s next club dates are November 10th and 12th. We have had a great turn out so far this year. Remember students can sign up for bus transportation for a ride home the day of their club meeting!
LEAD is excited to offer a homework helper club! Students who need a quiet place to work can attend. Interested students may email Mrs. Creal if they would like to attend. (firstname.lastname@example.org). This club will meet on the regular club dates listed below.
We're also starting a Black Student Union Club. Our very own administrative assistant Ms. Jevonee Rhea will be the sponsor! Students please email Ms. Rhea to join this new club! We would like the meetings to begin this upcoming week! Students can sign up for a bus ride home on the actual day your club meets, so advanced notice is not needed!
Please email Ms. Rhea for more information on the BSU club at LEAD:
Beginning in December we will begin offering an After School Tutoring Club; details to come.
Dec 8 and 10
Jan 12 and 14
Feb 9 and 11
March 9 and 11
April 13 and 15
May11 and 13
LEAD A+ Tutoring available!
10th, 11th and 12th grade LEAD A+ students can now sign up to tutor their peers, either face to face or virtually, and get A+ hours for their time and effort! If your student would like to tutor, they need to fill out the A+ Tutors Application which can be found under the Resources tab in their Schoology LEAD A+ group.
If you feel that your child could benefit from meeting with a tutor, they can sign up for one in Summit. Please have your student follow these directions to access the request form:
- Open Summit and in the left blue field, select the 20-21 LEAD Homeroom course
- Scroll down to the LEAD Info and Useful Documents
- Select LEAD Community
- Scroll down to Resources and select the LEAD Tutoring request
Our goal is to have a tutor assigned to the request in one work week.
PH Online Support
Park Hill Online Support is a resource for parents/guardians and students as they navigate the online learning experience. Call center staff are trained in navigating online educational software such as Seesaw, Schoology, Edgenuity, and Infinite Campus. They can also help with online assessments and finding resources. Have a question or a problem and you’re not sure whom can answer it or who can help? Call Park Hill Online Support at 816-359-4404 or email us at email@example.com.
Here is a link to PH Parent University with additional resources and information.
To view current missing assignments for the term, instructions are in the photo below.
SECOND SEMESTER ENROLLMENT INFORMATION
Just as in this fall semester, families will choose between in-person and online learning for their children.
We will again have all students who choose the in-person option in one of the three modes, depending on how bad the pandemic is in our area: 100% in-person mode, split mode (we are currently in this mode), and distance mode.
- Park Hill Online:
How do I switch my child’s learning option?
You will be able to change learning options in the Parent Portal during the enrollment window from October 29 to noon on November 19. The district sent an email to parents including a link to the portal if you would like to make a change. There is a phone line set up during the enrollment window to answer questions. You can call the help line at 816-359-4044 during business hours through November 13 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parent Advisory Committee - Volunteering Opportunities
If you are interested in being involved in student or staff activities and support (coordinating or providing snacks/ treats) please complete the sign up survey here:
If you'd like to acknowledge your student's birthday, sporting events at the home high school - pictures in action or in uniform, future plans (college, trade school, etc.) send us a picture so that we can celebrate with you.
1/8 page - Maximum 2 pictures, 25 words - $15.00
1/4 page - Maximum 4 pictures, 50 words - $27.00
Please use this form to create your senior salute and upload photos:
- Photos taken from social media are likely too low of resolution to be usable.
- A reminder that copyrighted material is not allowed and will be rejected.
- Be sure to include the appropriate signature (i.e. "Love, Mom and Dad").
- Do NOT exceed the word limit or yearbook staff will edit/cut for you.
- Staff reserves the right to edit all content for grammar, punctuation, and spelling. Staff reserves the right to refuse content not suitable for student publications or for violating copyright laws.
- We will design and edit ads for consistency and clarity, so please do not send a completely designed ad. You are simply submitting image(s) and a personal message.
- Once your order has been approved, the fee will be entered in Infinite Campus where it can be paid.
- Senior Salute orders DUE November 25
If you have questions, please contact yearbook adviser Melanie Farber: email@example.com
DECA - PARK HILL SOUTH
JOSTENS - Class rings & Graduation information
- January 21 & 22 - Sophomore class ring premier (socially distanced class meeting). Order/information packets distributed
- January 25 & 26 (lunch periods) - Class ring orders
- February 2 & 4 - Additional ring orders
- March 12 (lunch periods) - Grad announcement delivery
- March 17 - Additional grad announcement delivery
- April 8 & 9 (lunch periods) - Class ring delivery
- April 15 (lunch periods) - Cap/gown delivery
- April 21 - Additional cap/gown delivery
SENIORS A+ DEADLINES!!
Here is a list of important "To-Do" items for Seniors who are planning on receiving an A+ scholarship. Depending on first or second semester graduation, these items should be done no later than December (fall graduate) or late April (spring graduate). For any of the items that need to be submitted, please submit them directly to your home high school's A+ coordinator and NOT Ms. Villalobos at LEAD. Ellen Reys at PHHS: firstname.lastname@example.org or Dr. Owens at PHS: email@example.com
ASAP: Parents will need to help with this step and use last year's tax return. Students need to fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) forms due . All FAFSA information is available at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
December or April: A+ Attendance appeals & documentation due (if necessary)
December or April: ALL Mentoring and Tutoring hours (50) due
December or April: Final Senior Reflection due (will be sent to your school e-mail)
December or April: Complete Final Transcript Request through Naviance (transcript & A+ funds will be delayed if not completed)
FRESHMEN COUNSELOR MEETINGS FOR ICAP
Hello, LEAD Freshman!
It’s time for us to meet to discuss your ICAP (Individual Career and Academic Plan) to map out your 4 Year Plan of high school courses. Meetings have begun and will continue through next Friday, November 20.
- Hybrid Students – Please select an In Person time and bring your lap top to the meeting. When you sign up, your selected date and time will automatically be added to both your and your counselor’s outlook calendars. On the day of your scheduled meeting, create an e-hall pass to come meet with your counselor.
- Online Students – Please select a Zoom meeting time. When you sign up, your selected date and time will automatically be added to both your and your counselor’s outlook calendars. Your counselor will send you a zoom link for you to access your meeting.
Sign up for a meeting with your LEAD counselor, here:
Mrs. Shanks (Last Names A-K): https://calendly.com/amanda-shanks/freshman-icap-individual-counselor-meeting
Mrs. Colvin (Last Names L-Z): https://calendly.com/rachelcolvin/freshman-meeting-with-mrs-colvin-last-names-l-z
We look forward to seeing you soon! --Mrs. Colvin and Mrs. Shanks
PUMPKIN PAINTING CONTEST . . . CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR WINNERS!!
Cutest Pumpkin "It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown" by Madi Whalen
Funniest Pumpkin "Chillin' Chelsie" by Emily Rea
Best Pumpkin "Starry Pumpkin" by Abby Nay
11/16 - 11/20 SCHEDULE
Monday: In person day for last name A-K
Tuesday: In person day for last name L-Z
Wednesday: Distance learning day for all
Thursday: In person day for last name A-K
Friday: In person day for last name L-Z